      Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 3:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [penturners] CA glue finish

      Hi Stan,

      I was using the Starbond brand and didn't have any luck with it. It didn't dry properly without accelerator, and the accelerator made it "bloom" and turn white.

      I switched to Mercury Adhesives based on a recommendation here and liked it so much I became a distributor and added it to my inventory on my web site (below my name in my sig). There are probably other places to buy it as well. I need to start stocking the 10g sample sizes.

      -Steve
      http://www.pen-blanks.us/glue-and-epoxy.html

      On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Stan <wa2uet@...> wrote:

      Do you dare name names???

      Stan

      Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 1:34 PM

      Could be the brand of CA glue. Once I switched from the cheaper brand to a more expensive brand I had much better luck with a CA finish.

      Steve
      http://www.pen-blanks.us