      From: "Stan" <wa2uet@...>
      To: <penturners@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [penturners] CA glue finish
      Date: Mon, Oct 7, 2013 9:31 AM

      The lines are definitely not in the wood Shiva. They appear as the CA goes on. I just finished one a few minutes ago getting more aggressive with the lateral sanding even including lateral sanding with the micromesh. I have a pen that is near flawless! I simply have not been sanding enough between coats. And the radial lines get deeper and deeper if I don’t sand after each couple of coats.

      So this time I sanded the wood through 600 grit.
      I used 2 coats of Thin CA and sanded lateral. Then I went through several coats of medium CA sanding lateral each couple of coats. I don’t have the wet paper and will look for some soon. Then to the wet micromesh also sanding lateral each time. And then the polish. Looks good. Thanks for the help. I did not look with a magnifier but I cannot see any radial marks with the naked eye.

      Stan