108522Re: [penturners] CA glue finish

  • Shiva
    Oct 7, 2013
      On 10/7/2013 10:11 AM, Stan wrote:
      The marks are radial Brad. I sand to 600 and I wipe with alcohol and I start with Thin CA maybe 2 coats. And I sand with the grain but I think I am simply not sanding enough with the grain. You are using a coarser grit to sand with the grain than I do. But no matter how much I apply and sand the CA will not go on smooth. I am basically doing what you do, including the polish at the end but I simply have not been successful getting the radial lines out. I will work harder with the 400 grit, maybe that is the secret.

      Thanks
      Stan

       a good light should show if the lines are in the wood or not.. I have had that happen, it looks smooth, but get a light right, and I got lines still showing.. Whatever grit I last used, I have to use with the grain by hand, and then check again.. I have also had to do thin AGAIN with the next grit...
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic