108516Re: [penturners] CA glue finish

  • Stan
    Oct 6, 2013
      Well that is a different approach! How many coats do you put on this way? Do you try to remove the oil between coats? Interesting.
      From: dennisp42
      Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2013 5:06 PM
      Subject: RE: [penturners] CA glue finish

      Do you use BLO (boiled linseed oil) with the CA?
      I put a little on the paper towel. With the lathe at about 3-400 rpm I hold it under the blank and drizzle the medium CA on the top of the blank. I rub the p-towel back and forth underneath until it dries. I've tried w/o the BLO and will sometimes have issues. 99 times out of 100, no sanding is required.
      Good luck, Dennis