Did you know

  • misspanda70
    Message 1 of 68 , Mar 5 10:53 AM
      Experts estimate that at least 1/2 of 1% of the
      current inmate population is innocent. Records
      of<br>these statistics are not kept. That would be 8000
      innocent out of 1.6 million. <br>It is estimated that half
      of all death row inmates are minorities. <br>Since
      the death penalty was reinstated by the Supreme Court
      in 1976, for every 7 prisoners who<br>were executed,
      1 prisoner awaiting execution was found to be
      innocent and released. That's 82<br>people who were on
      death row before their innocence was established,
      including 18 in Florida, 10 in<br>Illinois since 1994, and
      6 nationwide just this year. Their release came
      about not because the system<br>worked, but in spite of
      it. <br><br>pretty alarming huh.
    • Rogueorl
      Message 68 of 68 , Mar 2 7:37 PM
        Hi Folks! My name is Matt and I��m a 30yo gm
        living in Orlando Florida. One of my biggest hobbies is
        being a penpal to inmates. It all started back in 98
        when my best friend was incarcerated and we would keep
        in touch via letters and he told me how important my
        letters were to him and that other inmates were looking
        for people to write. I have been writing inmates for
        over four years now and have built up a good group of
        guys who I think deserve a second chance, so I made up
        this website for them to hopefully meet other people
        and maybe that certain special someone to live their
        lives with. I have been writing everyone of these guys
        (well, some are friends of the ones I have) and they are
        wonderful, kind, caring, and supportive and just looking for
        a contact to this side of the wall, a touch with
        the outside world. I think this is a great site and
        if we all come goether and show these people
        support, maybe we can help them turn their lives around.
        So if you are interested and have the time on your
        life to make a new friend, go to
        www.prideprisoners.com and see if anyone strikes your fancy ��