FW: Liberals Spending Millions for Government-Run Health Care! & What we can do locally to stop it

  • Lois Kaneshiki
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009

      Hello everyone,

      On my loooong ride back from Baltimore yesterday (stuck in traffic!) I listened to the House Commerce and Energy Committee healthcare hearing/meeting on C-Span radio for at  least a couple hours (I lost track of time) and got a good feel for what we are up against.  The Republicans on the committee are trying their darnedest to pass amendments that will prevent this bill from destroying the private healthcare sector, but the Dem’s are not budging and refuse to compromise, because, well, they don’t have to.  Every Republican bill presented was soundly defeated along party lines.  (Those who say there is no difference between R’s and D’s are sorely mistaken.)

      Another startling revelation during this meeting is that several Dem’s openly expressed their strong desire to enact the single-payer system that exists in Canada, UK, and many other socialized countries, claiming that this will eliminate “waste” in the healthcare sector and “save” money.  The single-payer system will NOT achieve this goal, but it WILL destroy the private healthcare insurance industry, which make no mistake, that is their GOAL.  They HATE insurance companies; they HATE anyone making a profit in the healthcare industry PERIOD.

      Without huge amounts of phone calls, emails and letters to these politicians, we will not win this fight.  We must keep trying.  It is a blessing for us that they could not finish their work before the August recess because it has bought us more time.

      I need assistance getting the AAPS flyers on socialized medicine out in doctors offices all across our area.  Those of you in counties outside Blair:  we need your help!  I will help you pay for the flyers if you promise they will be well-placed and not wasted.  I have already purchased about 4000 flyers, and I will get more if I have the volunteers to distribute them.

      Lois Kaneshiki

      P.S.  You can easily send faxes to all of Congress at once through the RightMarch.com web site for a reasonable fee if you wish to do that.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
        Hi Lois,

        I can distribute in Cambria County

        Lori