Pennsylvania or "TAX"-sylvania?: You Decide on Tuesday, June 9

  • Samantha Clarke
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2009

      June 2, 2009
      State Representative Daryl Metcalfe - 12th District,
 Butler County
      State Representative Daryl Metcalfe - 12th District, Butler County

      Please Feel Free to
      Tell a Friend

      E-MAIL UPDATES

      Yes, please periodically send me e-mail updates.*

      Click Here

      *By subscribing to my
      e-mail updates, you are authorizing me to send regular e-mail updates from my office to your e-mail account.

      Dear Pennsylvania Taxpayer:

      If you are among the scores of taxpaying Pennsylvanians who simply can no longer afford having any portion of your personal income redistributed to pay for someone else's health care, bus fare or excessive public welfare, then we need you to join us in Harrisburg on Tuesday, June 9, for the Pennsylvania State Capitol Taxpayers' Protest.

      Pennsylvania or "TAX"-sylvania?

      In the late 17th Century to further encourage settlement in the Commonwealth, Governor Willam Penn suspended all taxes for one year, christening "Pennsylvania" as his great "Holy Experiment," where "no one can be put out of his estate...without his consent."

      Less than a month from the June 30 state budget deadline, the Pennsylvania General Assembly is now faced with the unprecedented $3 billion and growing Rendell budget deficit.

      Based on the following media statement from House Democrat leadership, Pennsylvania could soon legitimately be renamed "TAX"-sylvania:
      • Speaking via his spokesperson to the Harrisburg Patriot-News, House Democrat Leader Todd Eachus (D-Luzerne) confirmed that the $3.1 billion PIT increase "needs to be on the table...we can't afford the luxury of ignoring any potential revenue option."
      Who's Revenue Is It Anyway?

      In reality, raising your PIT from the current rate of 3.07% to 4.07% would be a $3.1 billion tax increase on working Pennsylvanians that could result in the loss of no less than 50,000 family-sustaining jobs

      Join with me and fellow taxpayers on June 9, 2009 for the Pennsylvania State Capitol Taxpayers' Protest.

      For more information about how you can participate, click on the icon above or visit:
      RepMetcalfe.com
      Contact Information
      District Addresses:
      Capitol Address:

      The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and material from all computers.