The Creation of Woman

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2005
      Dear Friend,

      We must always keep in mind how special the women that are in our
      lives really are. We are to honor, love and respect our mothers,
      sisters and wives and show our appreciation for all that they do for
      us. We should not honor the women in our lives only because it is
      the right thing to do, but also because it is the command of the
      Lord. God Almighty has commanded us to honor our mothers and
      fathers. We must also love and respect our wives as we are commanded
      to in Ephesians 5:25 "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also
      loved the church, and gave Himself for it." (Exodus 20:12)

      God has blessed us with great women in our lives and we need to
      acknowledge them and be thankful that God has given them to us. It
      is easy to go through life on autopilot and not pay special
      attention to the works and acts of love that women show each day
      that we are alive because they are so graceful and light in their
      works, but nevertheless we must acknowledge them and be grateful for
      all that they do. (Proverbs 18:22) (Proverbs 31:28)

      I hope you are encouraged by today's message to pay tribute to the
      women that are in your life and show them by your acts of praise and
      love how special and important they are to you.

      THE CREATION OF WOMAN

      When I created the heavens and the earth, I spoke them into being.
      When I created man I formed him and breathed life into his nostrils.
      But you, woman, I fashioned. I breathed the breath of life into man
      because your nostrils are too delicate. I allowed a deep sleep to
      come over him so I could patiently and perfectly fashion you. Man
      was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with my creativity.

      From one bone I fashioned you. I chose the bone that protects man's
      life. I chose the strong yet delicate rib which protects his heart
      and lungs and supports him, as you are meant to do. Your
      characteristics are as the rib: strong, yet delicate and fragile.
      You provide protection for the most delicate organs in man, his
      heart and lungs. His heart is the center of his whole being; his
      lungs hold the breath of life. The rib cage will allow itself to be
      broken before it will allow damage to his heart and lungs. Support
      him as the rib cage supports the body.

      Around this one bone I fashioned you. I shaped you. I created you
      perfect. Your eyes are the windows to your soul; your lips are so
      lovely when they part in prayer; your nose is so perfect in form;
      your hands are so gentle to touch. Oh yes, I've touched your hands,
      I've held your heart. Of all that lives and breathes you are the
      most like Me. That is why I made you the mother of life. You see,
      woman, you reside in Me.

      Adam walked with Me in the cool of the day and yet he was lonely. He
      could not see Me, or touch Me. He could only feel Me. So everything
      I wanted Adam to share and experience with Me I fashioned in you. My
      holiness, My strength, My purity, My love, and support, My
      protection. You are special because you are the extension of Me.

      Man represents my image; woman, my emotions. Together you represent
      the totality of God. So man, treat woman well. Love her and respect
      her, for she is fragile. In hurting her you hurt Me. What you do to
      her, you do to Me. In crushing her, you only damage your own heart
      and lungs. Woman, support man as the rib cage. In humility show him
      the power of emotion I have given to you. In gentle quietness show
      your strength. In love show him that you are the rib that protects
      his inner self.

      Author Unknown