Inconsiderate act

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 6:41 AM
      When William McKinley was President of the United States, he had to
      make a decision about the appointment of an ambassador to a foreign
      country. Two candidates were equally qualified.

      While McKinley was still a Congressman, he had observed an
      inconsiderate action by one of the men. He recalled boarding a
      streetcar at the rush hour and getting the last vacant seat. Soon an
      elderly woman got on, carrying a heavy clothes basket. No one got up
      to offer her a seat, so she walked the length of the car and stood
      in the aisle, hardly able to keep her balance as the vehicle swayed
      from side to side.

      One of the men McKinley was later to consider for ambassador was
      sitting next to where the woman was standing. Instead of getting up
      and helping her, he deliberately shifted his newspaper so it would
      look like he hadn't seen her. When McKinley noticed this, he walked
      down the aisle, graciously took her basket, and offered her his
      seat.

      The man was unaware that anyone was watching, but that one little
      act of selfishness would later deprive him of perhaps the crowning
      honor of his lifetime.

      Author Unknown

      We must always remember that we have received undeserved grace and
      mercy from the Lord and as undeserved recipients, we must offer that
      same grace and mercy towards our fellow man who is in need. We are
      to be of the same mind at all times offering blessings,
      encouragement, and simply try our best to represent our Savior with
      our whole heart. By doing these simple acts of love, we will be
      sowing into the hearts of men seeds that will grow and be manifested
      where they will never be forgotten by those who received.