Christmas Never Ends

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colosians 1:27b

      As I went through town this afternoon, I noticed that there are very
      little "signs" of Christmas still left around. Most of the trees,
      bows, garland, and lights have been taken down. While there are not
      too many "physical" signs left around of the Christmas holiday,
      there should always be a "sign" of Christ coming into the world-
      even when the ornaments and trimming are gone. This sign should
      be "in the believers".

      Just as Christ came those many years ago into this world and was
      placed in a manger, He finds a place to dwell in the hearts of those
      who would accept Him and invite Him in. In this way Christmas is
      seen everyday in our lives. After all, it's not about the bows, and
      ornaments, and all the trappings we call Christmas, it's about love
      and caring and giving and sacrifice. Our lives are to exhibit love-
      love for all people: caring- caring for the souls of mankind: giving-
      giving of ourselves to reach out to those who are in need:
      sacrifice- living a selfless life so that others can receive
      instead. These are all characteristics of Christmas- or rather the
      Christ of Christmas, and they should be in the lives of those who
      believe in and follow Him... in those who have Him living in their
      hearts.

      Does your life reveal the Spirit of Christmas on a day to day
      basis? Is the Christ who came that first Christmas day seen in
      you? Do you exhibit the same characteristics as Him? In this way
      Christmas never ends but is seen and remembered all year long.

      Have a great day. Christmas never ends if believers exhibit it's
      true meaning in their everyday lives.