A Special Letter

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8 7:48 PM
      THIS IS BEAUTIFUL ....AND YOU WILL CRY...

      Sally jumped up as soon as she saw the surgeon come out of the
      operating
      room. She said: "How is my little boy? Is he going to be all right?
      When
      can I see him?"

      The surgeon said, "I'm sorry. We did all we could, but your boy
      didn't make
      it."
      Sally said, "Why do little children get cancer? Doesn't God care any
      more?
      Where were you, God, when my son needed you?"

      The surgeon asked, "Would you like some time alone with your son?
      One of
      the nurses will be out in a few minutes, before he's transported to
      the
      university."

      Sally asked the nurse to stay with her while she said good-bye to
      son. She
      ran her fingers lovingly through his thick red curly hair.

      "Would you like a lock of his hair?" the nurse asked.

      Sally nodded yes. The nurse cut a lock of the boy's hair, put it in a
      plastic bag and handed it to Sally. The mother said, "It was Jimmy's
      idea
      to donate his body to the university for study. He said it might help
      somebody else. "I said no at first, but Jimmy said, 'Mom, I won't be
      using
      it after I die. Maybe it will help some other little boy spend one
      more day
      with his Mom." She went on, "My Jimmy had a hea rt of gold. Always
      thinking
      of someone else. Always wanting to help others if he could."

      Sally walked out of Children's mercy Hospital for the last time,
      after
      spending most of the last six months there. She put the bag with
      Jimmy's
      belongings on the seat beside her in the car. The drive home was
      difficult.
      It was even harder to enter the empty house. She carried Jimmy's
      belongings, and the plastic bag with the lock of his hair to her
      son's
      room. She started placing the model cars and other personal things
      back in
      his room exactly where he had always kept them. She laid down across
      his
      bed and, hugging his pillow, cried herself to sleep.

      It was around midnight when Sally awoke. Laying beside her on the
      bed was a
      folded letter. The letter said:

      "Dear Mom, I know you're going to miss me; but don't think that I
      will ever
      forget you, or stop loving you, just 'cause I'm not around to say I
      LOVE
      YOU. I will always love you, Mom, even more with each day. Someday
      we wi ll
      see each other again. Until then, if you want to adopt a little boy
      so you
      won't be so lonely, that's okay with me. He can have my room and old
      stuff
      to play with. But, if you decide to get a girl instead, she probably
      wouldn't like the same things us boys do. You'll have to buy her
      dolls and
      stuff girls like, you know. Don't be sad thinking about me. This
      really is
      a neat place. Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as I got here and
      showed
      me around some, but it will take a long time to see everything. The
      angels
      are so cool. I love to watch them fly. And, you know what? Jesus
      doesn't
      look like any of his pictures. Yet, when I saw Him, I knew it was
      Him.
      Jesus himself took me to see GOD! And guess what, Mom? I got to sit
      on
      God's knee and talk to Him, like I was somebody important. That's
      when I
      told Him that I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you good-bye
      and
      everything. But I already knew that wasn't allowed. Well, you know
      what
      Mom? God handed me some paper and His own personal pen to write you
      this
      letter. I think Gabriel is the name of the angel who is going to
      drop this
      letter off to you. God said for me to give you the answer to one of
      the
      questions you asked Him 'Where was He when I needed him?' "God said
      He was
      in the same place with me, as when His son Jesus was on the cross.
      He was
      right there, as He always is with all His children.

      Oh, by the way, Mom, no one else can see what I've written except
      you. To
      everyone else this is just a blank piece of paper. Isn't that cool?
      I have
      to give God His pen back now. He needs it to write some more names
      in the
      Book of Life. Tonight I get to sit at the table with Jesus for
      supper. I'm,
      sure the food will be great.

      Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I don't hurt anymore. The cancer is
      all
      gone. I'm glad because I couldn't stand that pain anymore and God
      couldn't
      stand to see me hurt so much, either. That's when He sent The Angel
      of
      Mercy to come get me. The Angel said I was a Special Delivery! How
      about
      that?

      Signed with Love from: God, Jesus &Me.

      Let's see Satan stop this one. Take 60-seconds and send this to five
      other
      people, within the hour, you will have caused a multitude of
      believers to
      pray to God for each other. Then sit back and feel the Holy Spirit
      work in
      your life for doing what you know God loves