Re: [Pennsylvania Believers] Re: Women Preachers - What do you think?

  • Matthew
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
      Asa Wood,

      If You and Your daughter want to be obedient to Scripture, Yes she should stay home!
      I am confident that Jesus and Paul would tell your daughter to stay home also. If she should marry a missionary then she should go to China with him as his helper and be a witness to other Chinese women.

      It was Paul's will that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. 1 Timothy 5:14

      He also exhorted Titus: 1But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: 2That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. 3The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

      I am confident that Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the aforementioned.

    • asawood
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
        These verses do not jive with your statement.

        1Cr 7:8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for
        them if they abide even as I.

        1Cr 7:34 There is difference [also] between a wife and a virgin. The
        unmarried woman careth for the things of the Master, that she may be
        holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for
        the things of the world, how she may please [her] husband.

        I put these up for those who do not know everything, and wish to
        learn.

        Thanks. Asa--- In pennsylvaniabelievers@y..., Matthew
        <WriteToMattTn@c...> wrote:
        > Asa Wood,
        >
        > If You and Your daughter want to be obedient to Scripture, Yes she
        should stay home!
        > I am confident that Jesus and Paul would tell your daughter to stay
        home also. If she should marry a missionary then she should go to
        China with him as his helper and be a witness to other Chinese women.

        > It was Paul's will that the younger women marry, bear children,
        guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak
        reproachfully. 1 Timothy 5:14

        > He also exhorted Titus: 1But speak thou the things which become
        sound doctrine: 2That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound
        in faith, in charity, in patience. 3The aged women likewise, that
        they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not
        given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4That they may teach the
        young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their
        children, 5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient
        to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

        > I am confident that Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write
        the aforementioned.

      • Matthew
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2002
          Asa...,

          You are correct! If you quote verses out of context 'they do not jive,' or they seem to be in conflict. You must compare APPLES with APPLES..., NOT APPLES with ORANGES. FYI: I do not know everything either, I am still learning, but I can rightly divide God's word.

          1 Cor. 7:8 is referring to a woman's general service to the Lord, it has nothing to do with her being a preacher, the head of a church, or going to China as a missionary. The verse is simply explaining that a single woman can serve the Lord better if she is single! Re-read the verse in context.

          YES, there is difference [also] between a wife and a virgin. 1 Cor. 7:34 complements what I said in 1 Cor. 7:8 above. An unmarried woman careth for the things of the Master, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please [her] husband.

          The article I posted is referring to a woman who is the head of a church as its pastor. Paul says NO! A woman is vital in ministry, but NOT as a preacher usurping the place of a man.

        • asawood
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2002
            --- In pennsylvaniabelievers@y..., Matthew <WriteToMattTn@c...> wrote:
            > Asa...,
            >
            > You are correct! If you quote verses out of context 'they do not
            jive,' or they seem to be in conflict. You must compare APPLES with
            APPLES..., NOT APPLES with ORANGES. FYI: I do not know everything
            either, I am still learning, but I can rightly divide God's word.

            If you do not know everything then those verses were for you.

            > 1 Cor. 7:8 is referring to a woman's general service to the Lord,
            it has nothing to do with her being a preacher, the head of a church,
            or going to China as a missionary.

            No. The part that this verse contradicts is where you said, that Paul
            said that young women should marry. Here it says that they are better
            off in Paul's estimation, if they stay single to better serve The
            Master.

            >The verse is simply explaining that a single woman can serve the
            >Lord better if she is single! Re-read the verse in context.

            YES! This is the opposite of what you said earlier, which is has been
            removed from this post!

            > YES, there is difference [also] between a wife and a virgin. 1 Cor.
            7:34 complements what I said in 1 Cor. 7:8 above. An unmarried woman
            careth for the things of the Master, that she may be holy both in
            body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of
            the world, how she may please [her] husband.

            > The article I posted is referring to a woman who is the head of a
            church as its pastor. Paul says
            NO! A woman is vital in ministry, but NOT as a preacher usurping the
            place of a man.

            An unmarred woman has no man. She has The Master.
            The bible says that your daughters shall prophesy. Paul says that you
            may all prophesy in the congregation. If someone is the mouth piece
            for YHWH, what does it mater if it is a male's or female's lips that
            are moving. IT is YHWH Who is speaking.

            I'm writing this for those who do not believe that they already know
            it all.

            Thank. Asa