563Twas a Month Before Christmas

  • Debbie
    Nov 21, 2006
      Twas the month before Christmas
      When all through our land,
      Not a Christian was praying
      Nor taking a stand.
      See the PC Police had taken away,
      The reason for Christmas - no one could say.
      The children were told by their schools not to sing,
      About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.
      It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would
      say
      December 25th is just a "Holiday".
      Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and
      credit
      Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!
      CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod
      Something was changing, something quite odd!
      Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa
      In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.
      As Targets were hanging their trees upside down
      At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be
      found.
      At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears
      You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch
      your ears.
      Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty
      Are words that were used to intimidate me.
      Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen
      On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!
      At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter
      To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.
      And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith
      Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace.
      The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded
      The reason for the season, stopped before it started.
      So as you celebrate "Winter Break" under your "Dream
      Tree"
      Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.
      Choose your words carefully, choose what you say
      Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy Holiday!