556Get Some Altitude

  • Debbie
    May 10, 2006
      Dear Friend,

      We should always have the attitude of praise and see certain
      situations from an elevated point of view. It is easy to get down
      and discouraged when problems come our way, but if we change our
      point of view and see things as God sees them, we can begin to
      understand that this too shall pass and peace will be restored unto
      us. Never allow the temporary trials that come your way to distract
      your focus or derail the path that God has planned for life. Be
      determined to go through that trial with a renewed vigor knowing
      that if you stay focused and have the attitude of praise, nothing by
      any means will be able to offset what God has put into motion.

      I hope this message ministers to your heart to stand strong in the
      tough times of life and focus more on the promises of God that all
      will be well.

      GET SOME ALTITUDE

      I heard of a tornado that recently ripped through the central part
      of Oklahoma. Guy, a church pastor, and his wife, Vickie, lived
      directly in the path of the on-coming storm. They took refuge in a
      closet in the parsonage.

      Guy belongs to a denomination (United Methodist) which is known for
      moving its pastors frequently, and he was scheduled for a move to a
      new parish in June. Furthermore, as a church leader, he no doubt
      encountered any number of storms and conflicts among church members.
      But a tornado was something else entirely, and hiding in the closet
      seemed the best course of action for the couple.

      After the tornado passed, they emerged from their hiding place and
      were astonished to discover that their closet was the only part of
      the house left standing! Though they lost everything, they had come
      through unscathed. As the couple stood in the middle of the debris
      that used to be their home, Vickie's first comment was: "Wow, Guy!
      This is wonderful! This will be the easiest move we've ever made!"

      Here is a person who knows something about handling difficulties.
      Sometimes we have to look beyond a problem before we can move
      forward.

      If you have ever flown in a jet on a foggy or cloudy day, you
      probably know something about looking beyond problems. All seems
      dark and dreary on the ground. Yet every day is a sunny day if we
      can only get enough altitude.

      Thomas Carlyle put it like this: "What you can see, yet cannot see
      over, is as good as infinite." Get some altitude and you will be
      able to see beyond the problem!

      By Steve Goodier