Re: Pennsic 37 Gaming - Classes Reminder

  • Tinker
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24 10:22 AM
      Michel,

      Do you need any particular games taught?

      I was thinking of doing a class on how to make your own game boards
      and personalize them to your time period and persona. I.E.
      A "Viking" Game of the Goose or Glukshaus board.

      I can also do a class on Glukshaus if you need one.

      Also - thinking about a class for adults on games to play with their
      kids at events, i.e. Merrils, Goose, Alquerqe, Fox and Geese are
      some of the easiest for younget kids to learn.

      Hubby and I are planning on teaching classes for the first time this
      year.

      Make some suggestions for me and I'll put in for them.

      Keeley the Tinker
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24 10:42 AM
        Hi Keeley!

        > Do you need any particular games taught?

        We're pretty open about what gets taught. I love your ideas of making
        game board and games with kids.

        There are some standard games (Morris, Alquerque, Talf, etc) that we
        like to see taught every year. If no one steps forward to teach them,
        Ishtvan or I will do it.

        You can see what we had for a schedule last year in this post:

      • Tinker
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 25 9:05 PM
          Ok - I'll do a class on games parents can teach and play with young
          ones at events and a class on how to make board games personalized to
          persona or period.

          Hubby and I are doing an in camp class on our Tinker Wagon.

          WHEE! Wish me luck on teaching for the first time at Pennsic!

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29 7:15 PM
            I'm all registered for my classes!

            WOOHOO! Wish me luck! 1st time teaching.

            Tinker

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29 7:35 PM
              Make sure to get your teacher's medallion from the A&S tent.

              Galen