Pennsic 37 Gaming - Classes Reminder

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24, 2008
      Greetings Gamers!

      If you would like to teach a class at Pennsic this year, the deadline
      for submissions is approaching fast! To get your class into the site
      booklet it needs to be submitted by May 2nd. The place to do this is
      here: http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn37/AANDS/PENNU/univform.html

      To ensure that your class gets into the Games Tent, set the "Type of
      Class" to Games.

      In Service,
      Michel Wolffauer
    • Tinker
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24, 2008
        Michel,

        Do you need any particular games taught?

        I was thinking of doing a class on how to make your own game boards
        and personalize them to your time period and persona. I.E.
        A "Viking" Game of the Goose or Glukshaus board.

        I can also do a class on Glukshaus if you need one.

        Also - thinking about a class for adults on games to play with their
        kids at events, i.e. Merrils, Goose, Alquerqe, Fox and Geese are
        some of the easiest for younget kids to learn.

        Hubby and I are planning on teaching classes for the first time this
        year.

        Make some suggestions for me and I'll put in for them.

        Keeley the Tinker
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24, 2008
          Hi Keeley!

          > Do you need any particular games taught?

          We're pretty open about what gets taught. I love your ideas of making
          game board and games with kids.

          There are some standard games (Morris, Alquerque, Talf, etc) that we
          like to see taught every year. If no one steps forward to teach them,
          Ishtvan or I will do it.

          You can see what we had for a schedule last year in this post:

        • Tinker
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 25, 2008
            Ok - I'll do a class on games parents can teach and play with young
            ones at events and a class on how to make board games personalized to
            persona or period.

            Hubby and I are doing an in camp class on our Tinker Wagon.

            WHEE! Wish me luck on teaching for the first time at Pennsic!

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
              I'm all registered for my classes!

              WOOHOO! Wish me luck! 1st time teaching.

              Tinker

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
                Make sure to get your teacher's medallion from the A&S tent.

                Galen