Greetings from Lady Julienne fille Gaspard

  • Jewel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2008
      Hi! I am Lady Julienne fille Gaspard, mka Jewel Shuping. I reside in
      the Kingdom of Atlantia. When I was first introduced to the SCA, one
      of the first people to get me involved was Mu'allim Rabah az-Zafir,
      who is very much into gaming and such. Since then, I have been so very
      interested in gaming, and especially the not-so-common ones.

      Where am I going with this? Oh yea, I want to volunteer at the Gaming
      Tent, maybe even teach a class on Four Seasons Chess (one of my
      absolute favourite variants of chess) or another game. I'm currently
      learning Nyout ("Horses"), which is a lot of fun, and trying to learn
      Ho-hpai (Korean dominoes), and might be able to do something with
      Nyout, but don't think I'll be good enough at Ho-hpai to teach
      -that-...it's complicated!

      So here I am. What can I do to help?

      Vivat the Dream,
      Lady Julienne fille Gaspard, mka Jewel Shuping
      Scribe of Atlantia
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2008
        Welcome Lady Julienne!

        We would love to have your help at Pennsic. Check out the last couple
        of messages starting with:

        That will bring you up to date with the plans so far.

        Four Seasons Chess is *very* popular at the Games Tent, and we'd love to
        have a class on it. Nyout is another good one, but I've not played it
        much. Ho-hpai I don't know much about - how far back can we document
        it? I know dominoes go back pretty far in China, but not so far in Europe.

        (We're not sticklers for must-be-period games, but when teaching we want
        to be clear which ones are period, just out of period, or modern)

        Anyway - more games are always good :)

        - Michel Wolffauer