Pennsic 36 Gaming

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2008
      Greetings Gamers!

      Registration for Pennsic 36 has opened, and it is time to start planning
      gaming at Pennsic this year.

      If you would like to teach a class or volunteer in the Games Tent, now
      is the time to start thinking about what you would like to do. May 1st
      is most likely the deadline for getting classes in.

      Below is a draft of what I'd like to get on the pennsicwar.org web site.
      Any comments, additions or corrections are welcome!

      ----------
      Period Games Tent
      Once again, the Period Games Tent will be open for learning and playing
      a large variety of board, card and dice games. We are located next to
      Info Point, on St. Aidan's Square (across from the camp store) and will
      be open from about 10 am - 6 pm from Saturday Aug. 2nd through Friday
      Aug. 8th.

      Classes
      Throughout the week we will be holding several scheduled game classes -
      see the on-site Pennsic book for the full schedule and class
      descriptions - but we are always glad to teach any period game you would
      like to learn.

      Plans are in the works to hold some game tournaments again this year.
      Come out and test your skills!

      Volunteers
      If you would like to help with the running of the tent, teaching
      classes, or organizing tournaments, please join us on our Yahoo Group:
      ----------

      - Michel
    • Tinker
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2008
        Aren't we on Pennsic 37 now?

        If we manage to make it this year - keep all fingers crossed, hubby's
        out of a job at the moment - I will be glad to teach Backgammon and
        one of it's oldest variants, Duodecim Scripta.

        Looking forward to seeing you all again!

        Keely the Tinker
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2008
          Tinker wrote:
          > Aren't we on Pennsic 37 now?

          Yep! You are quite correct. Slip o'the fingers there :)

          > If we manage to make it this year - keep all fingers crossed, hubby's
          > out of a job at the moment - I will be glad to teach Backgammon and
          > one of it's oldest variants, Duodecim Scripta.

          Excellent! Hope you can make it.

          - Michel
        • Dan Chenin
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2008
            I am hoping to make it to Pennsic this year, but cannot commit to teaching anything at this point.  Unfortunately a car accident currently has me in a wheelchair.  If my recover is going well enough I am going to try and make it still.

            Yasha Evancavich

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4, 2008
              Sorry to hear, Yasha. Recover well, build up your strength, and we
              hope we'll see you there!

              Galen