Re: [pennsicgames] Period Games Tent update

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2007
      On Nov 28, 2007, at 11:37 AM, Mike Knauer wrote:

      > Greetings!
      >
      > There has been some behind the scenes activity for Pennsic 37 already,
      > so I thought I'd pass along the latest news. The big news is that we
      > are getting a larger tent next year! I have received confirmation from
      > the Site Coordinator and a 20 x 30 foot tent is ours.
      >
      > I'm also working on getting our supplies stored in on of the Pennsic
      > trailers so that we can free Istvan's camp from that job.
      >
      > The other thing I'm going to work on is a more formal staff schedule
      > and
      > larger call for volunteers. We've tried this in the past, but didn't
      > have very good results. This time I'm hoping a little more
      > organization
      > up front will help us.
      >
      > The Games Tent will be open starting middle Saturday and running until
      > final Friday (so 7 days total). Last year our hours were 9 AM to 5 PM.
      > We may want to shift them to 10 AM to 6 PM. Thoughts?
      >
      > For staffing, we need two types of people with the following jobs:
      > Helper
      > - Watching over the games and supplies.
      > - Helping the teachers, if needed.
      > - Maintaining order (did I mention we get a lot of teens?)
      >
      > Gamer
      > - All the Helper jobs plus teaching games and answering game related
      > questions.
      >
      > My goal is to have two 4-hour Gamer shifts and four 2-hour Helper
      > shifts. The idea is that it will be harder to fill the Gamer
      > positions,
      > but that we could get any Pennsic volunteer to fill the Helper
      > positions

      I assume that it is two 4-hour Gamer Shifts and four 2-hour Helper
      shifts per day.....

      > As a side note, while I was going through some EK History stuff, I ran
      > across a flier for the Games Tent from the first year it was in
      > operation. I'll have to post the text here at some point.

      Game Gnight, Inc. - Games for all Ages
      20 Quaker Ave.
      Cornwall, NY 12518
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25 1:21 PM

        In the past, I've usually taught some or all of these classes:
        Introduction to the Game of Go
        Introduction to the Game of Tarot
        Tafl Games - Fitchneal & Tablut

        I don't plan on teaching any of them this year, so if anyone was
        considering teaching them - please do!