Re: Post-Pennsic notes

  • Tinker
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2007
      The only problem I saw was people who wanted to play a game in the
      tent while a class was being taught.

      You had some LARGE classes this year - a great turnout on the 2 I
      managed to attend and it was hard to find a seat or table space to
      take notes because some of the gamers had to almost be forced to
      move.

      I'll be ready to teach next Pennsic and I'd love to see a larger,
      tent, one that you can set up a section for players and one for
      classes.

      Loved the classes and the friendly help I got when I had questions!
      Great Job and looking forward to next year.

      Keely the Tinker

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 23, 2007
        Tinker wrote:
        > The only problem I saw was people who wanted to play a game in the
        > tent while a class was being taught.
        >
        > You had some LARGE classes this year - a great turnout on the 2 I
        > managed to attend and it was hard to find a seat or table space to
        > take notes because some of the gamers had to almost be forced to
        > move.

        Yeah, that is an on going problem. Some years it is better then others,
        but this one had the most issues that I've seen. What two classes were
        they?

        If we get repeats on some of the classes, they will be put in regular
        A&S tents due to size or noise issues. The majority of the classes will
        remain at the Games Tent.

        > I'll be ready to teach next Pennsic and I'd love to see a larger,
        > tent, one that you can set up a section for players and one for
        > classes.

        One year, we got very lucky and an extra 20' x 20' tent was sent up next
        to us, but not used for anything. We put all our classes there and let
        the open gaming continue in the main tent.

        The problem with getting an extra tent or a larger tent is that Pennsic
        now owns the tents we use and can't just change what they want to rent.

        - Michel
      • Tinker
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 23, 2007
          The Brothel Games DEFINETLY needs the larger tent LOL. I also made
          it to the Intro to Tarot class. I'll try and help teach that one
          next year if you need me now that I know how to play. I planning on
          teaching at least one games class next year as well.