Time to get started

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2006
      Greetings Folks!

      It is time to start pulling things together for this year's Games
      Tent at Pennsic.

      We have a page up already on the Pennsic website, and I see we've
      attracted a few new members from it already (Welcome!) For those of
      you who haven't seen it, it can be found at:

      http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn35/AANDS/gaming.html

      I've had them list our hours as 9 AM to 5 PM again, Saturday to
      Friday. We also have our regular three class slots available each
      day (10 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM). More slots can be added if we manage to fill these.

      What we need right now are teachers to put together some classes. As
      usually we'll fill in any of the usual classes that no one else
      offers to teach.

      We need commitments from folks to help man the tent during it's
      normal hours, and we need to discuss if we want to run some
      tournaments again. Last year I believe the tournaments were the best
      we've had in terms of participants. It would be cool to see that again.

      We are hoping to get a larger tent this year, but with Grimm's
      getting out of the rental business, we may be stuck with what ever
      Pennsic has to offer (our usual 20x20). Still we have a request in
      for a 20x30.

      Any questions, please feel free to ask!

      In Service,
      Michel Wolffauer
    • Monster
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 22, 2006
        Hi there,

        I am new to this group and I would be interested in helping out at
        the game tent. I have a few quick questions.

        Will there be a game tent during first week, or only second?

        Can I bring my own period game or are there restrictions?

        I may only be able to help out for a couple hours on one or two
        days, will there be a schedual or can I just show up when time
        permits?

        --- In pennsicgames@yahoogroups.com, Michel Wolffauer <mike@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 22, 2006
          At 09:31 AM 3/22/2006, you wrote:
          >I am new to this group and I would be interested in helping out at
          >the game tent. I have a few quick questions.

          Howdy and welcome! What's your name and where do you hail from?

          >Will there be a game tent during first week, or only second?

          Currently only the second week is planned. If we can get staff for
          the first week we'll also just need to find out when the tent, tables
          and chairs will be there.

          >Can I bring my own period game or are there restrictions?

          You can bring your own games, no problem. The only thing we try to
          avoid are modern games, although some get in as "SCA games" (Tablero
          de Jesus is a notable example)

          >I may only be able to help out for a couple hours on one or two
          >days, will there be a schedual or can I just show up when time
          >permits?

          You can just show up, but if we can schedule some ahead of time it
          lets the rest of us know when we are needed or not needed. In the
          past though, most of this scheduling takes place at Pennsic.