Re: [pennsicgames] Re: Game Teachers wanted!

  • Dan Chenin
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2005
      MIchel,

      Although I have never taught a class before if there is anything I can
      do to help let me know. I am certainly willing to help work in the
      tent pretty much every day of war week.

      Daniel S. Chenin
      aka Yasha Evancavich

      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2005
        Greetings folks!

        Yasha wrote:
        >Although I have never taught a class before if there is anything I can
        >do to help let me know. I am certainly willing to help work in the
        >tent pretty much every day of war week.

        We can certainly use the help at the tent.

        Meanwhile, would you (or anyone else out there) like to teach
        something? It's really not too hard if it's a game you know fairly
        well. Plus we'd love to see more folks teaching :)

        Right now we've got the following topics covered:
        Tarot
        Byzantine Chess
        Nard (Backgammon)
        Kugelach (Judaic Knucklebones)
        Xiang-qi (Chinese Chess)
        Introduction to period board games (covering Alquerques and Fox & Geese,
        I believe)

        I will add (unless someone else wants to teach them):
        Tafl
        Intro to Go

        Istvan can probably give us two or three of the following:
        Fanorona
        Mancala
        Game of Goose
        9 Man's Morris

        Other classes we've had in the past (and wouldn't mind seeing again):
        Astronomical Tables
        Primero
        Any of the other Chess variants (European or Asian)
        Karnoffel
        One-and-Thirty
        Laugh and Lie Down
        Rhythmomachy
        Dice games

        - Michel
      • Dan Chenin
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2005
          If Istvan does not want to do it, I could probably teach 9 man's
          morris and 12 man's morris. They are after all fairly simple games
          that I know pretty well.

          Yasha