Re: Game Teachers wanted!

  • Marietta
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2005
      I'll volunteer to teach a Tarot class, 2 or 3 times during war week,
      preferably not on the Tuesday.

      I'll go in and set it up this afternoon :)

      Marietta

      --- In pennsicgames@yahoogroups.com, Michel Wolffauer <mike@k...> wrote:
      > Greetings!
      >
      > This is our first and only call for teachers at this year's Pennsic.
      If

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 28, 2005
        Marietta wrote:
        >I'll volunteer to teach a Tarot class, 2 or 3 times during war week,
        >preferably not on the Tuesday.

        Cool! :)

        >I'll go in and set it up this afternoon :)

        I may be too late - but there is no need to set anything up on the Pennsic
        website, just send the info directly to me. We handle our own class
        scheduling. Hopefully any game classes that are submitted through the web
        site will get to me, but I can be sure.

        - Michel
      • Dan Chenin
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2005
          MIchel,

          Although I have never taught a class before if there is anything I can
          do to help let me know. I am certainly willing to help work in the
          tent pretty much every day of war week.

          Daniel S. Chenin
          aka Yasha Evancavich

          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2005
            Greetings folks!

            Yasha wrote:
            >Although I have never taught a class before if there is anything I can
            >do to help let me know. I am certainly willing to help work in the
            >tent pretty much every day of war week.

            We can certainly use the help at the tent.

            Meanwhile, would you (or anyone else out there) like to teach
            something? It's really not too hard if it's a game you know fairly
            well. Plus we'd love to see more folks teaching :)

            Right now we've got the following topics covered:
            Tarot
            Byzantine Chess
            Nard (Backgammon)
            Kugelach (Judaic Knucklebones)
            Xiang-qi (Chinese Chess)
            Introduction to period board games (covering Alquerques and Fox & Geese,
            I believe)

            I will add (unless someone else wants to teach them):
            Tafl
            Intro to Go

            Istvan can probably give us two or three of the following:
            Fanorona
            Mancala
            Game of Goose
            9 Man's Morris

            Other classes we've had in the past (and wouldn't mind seeing again):
            Astronomical Tables
            Primero
            Any of the other Chess variants (European or Asian)
            Karnoffel
            One-and-Thirty
            Laugh and Lie Down
            Rhythmomachy
            Dice games

            - Michel
          • Dan Chenin
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2005
              If Istvan does not want to do it, I could probably teach 9 man's
              morris and 12 man's morris. They are after all fairly simple games
              that I know pretty well.

              Yasha