Game Teachers wanted!

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 27 7:58 AM
      Greetings!

      This is our first and only call for teachers at this year's Pennsic. If
      you would like to teach a game class (or two) this year, I need to hear
      from you this week.

      If you're not sure what to do or what you want to do, we'll be glad to work
      with you to set things up. If you know what you want to do, then I need
      the following information:

      Full contact info (names, title if wished, address, phone, email)
      Any scheduling restrictions
      For each class I need:
      Title
      Description
      Length
      Age range (5-8 years, 9-12 years, 13-18 years, 18 and up, or no limit)
      Hand out fee (if any)
      Material fee (if any)

      The Pennsic deadline for classes is May 1st. We have a few extra days to
      set up the games tent schedule, but not many, so please speak up quickly if
      you are interested. Thanks!

      In Service,
      Michel Wolffauer
    • Marietta
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 28 6:30 AM
        I'll volunteer to teach a Tarot class, 2 or 3 times during war week,
        preferably not on the Tuesday.

        I'll go in and set it up this afternoon :)

        Marietta

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 28 10:58 AM
          Marietta wrote:
          >I'll volunteer to teach a Tarot class, 2 or 3 times during war week,
          >preferably not on the Tuesday.

          Cool! :)

          >I'll go in and set it up this afternoon :)

          I may be too late - but there is no need to set anything up on the Pennsic
          website, just send the info directly to me. We handle our own class
          scheduling. Hopefully any game classes that are submitted through the web
          site will get to me, but I can be sure.

          - Michel
        • Dan Chenin
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29 8:06 AM
            MIchel,

            Although I have never taught a class before if there is anything I can
            do to help let me know. I am certainly willing to help work in the
            tent pretty much every day of war week.

            Daniel S. Chenin
            aka Yasha Evancavich

            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2005
              Greetings folks!

              Yasha wrote:
              >Although I have never taught a class before if there is anything I can
              >do to help let me know. I am certainly willing to help work in the
              >tent pretty much every day of war week.

              We can certainly use the help at the tent.

              Meanwhile, would you (or anyone else out there) like to teach
              something? It's really not too hard if it's a game you know fairly
              well. Plus we'd love to see more folks teaching :)

              Right now we've got the following topics covered:
              Tarot
              Byzantine Chess
              Nard (Backgammon)
              Kugelach (Judaic Knucklebones)
              Xiang-qi (Chinese Chess)
              Introduction to period board games (covering Alquerques and Fox & Geese,
              I believe)

              I will add (unless someone else wants to teach them):
              Tafl
              Intro to Go

              Istvan can probably give us two or three of the following:
              Fanorona
              Mancala
              Game of Goose
              9 Man's Morris

              Other classes we've had in the past (and wouldn't mind seeing again):
              Astronomical Tables
              Primero
              Any of the other Chess variants (European or Asian)
              Karnoffel
              One-and-Thirty
              Laugh and Lie Down
              Rhythmomachy
              Dice games

              - Michel
            • Dan Chenin
              Message 6 of 6 , May 5, 2005
                If Istvan does not want to do it, I could probably teach 9 man's
                morris and 12 man's morris. They are after all fairly simple games
                that I know pretty well.

                Yasha