Re: [pennsicgames] Class schedule (8/8)

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 8, 2004
      ypu can put me down for alquerks, fanarona, and morris games if no on else is
      game of the goose
    • Sabatina
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 11, 2004
        Put me in for Monday at 10 for Astronomicals. : )

        Sabatina

        --- In pennsicgames@yahoogroups.com, Michel Wolffauer <mike@k...>
        wrote:
        > Greetings!
        >
        > I've updated the schedule with the more recent emails. I think we
        can do
        > without age limits, and apart from how many handouts we choose to
        bring (if
        > any) there doesn't seem much point to size limits this year.
        >
        > Class lengths should be fine as they are - if you know you'll need
        more
        > then an hour, we want to state that so folks can schedule things
        > better. In all cases we have at least 2 hours between classes so
        if folks
        > want to keep playing after a 1 hour class they are more then
        welcome to.

        > I'll be bringing my 7-sided dice as well. Plus I have the board
        (poster
        > board one) that Justin left last year (he only wanted the dice and
        pieces
        > mailed back to him). Sabatina is trying to pull together some
        pieces and
        > teach Astronomical Tables, but it won't be scheduled until she gets
        there.

        > I love the "Games for Squires" idea!
        >
        > I didn't hear back from the Great Chess teacher, but at this point
        he is
        > already on site. He may stop by the tent on Friday or Saturday,
        but he
        > goes home on Sunday the 15th. His name is: Jayme Hume
        >
        > Here is the updated list. Safe travels everyone! I'll be on-line
        through
        > the 12th and head out on the 13th, so drop me a note if you need
        anything
        > or have any questions.
        >
        > - Michel
        >
        > Class name, teacher, date, time, length
        ---
        > [maybe Great Chess] Sat. 14th, 10 AM
        > Modern Chess, Galen MacByrne, Sat. 14th, 1
        PM, 1.5 hr
        > Mancala, Kiana Lindsay, Sat. 14th, 3 PM 2 hr
        > Backgammon, Irene Madhaidin, Sun. 15th, 10 AM, 1 hr
        > Game of Tarot, Michel Wolffauer, Sun. 15th, 1 PM, 1 hr
        > [open] Sun. 15th, 3 PM
        > [open] Mon. 16th, 10 AM
        > Xiang-qi, Galen MacByrne, Mon. 16th, 1 PM, 1.5
        hr
        > Tafl Games - Fitchneal & Tablut, Michel, Mon. 16th, 3 PM, 1 hr
        > [open] Tues. 17th, 10 AM
        > [open] Tues. 17th, 1 PM
        > Pachisi, Irene Madhaidin, Tues. 17th, 3 PM, 1 hr
        > [open] Wed. 18th, 10 AM
        > Shogi, Galen MacByrne, Wed. 18th, 1 PM, 1.5
        hr
        > [open] Wed. 18th, 3 PM
        > Game of Tarot, Michel Wolffauer, Thurs. 19th, 10 AM
        > 5 Stones, Galen MacByrne, Thurs. 19th, 1 PM, 1
        hr

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 11, 2004
          Sabatina wrote:
          >Put me in for Monday at 10 for Astronomicals. : )

          We'll need to add it when we get there - Galen has already left with the
          current list :)

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 26, 2004

            In spite of all the problems we encountered scheduling our classes and
            getting those schedules out to the public, I think we did ok this
            year. Plenty of room for improvement still, but nothing horrible.

            Thank you's to Galen MacByrne, Irene Madhaidin, Ishtvan Nyiregyhazi,
            Sabatina DeValle, Olrick Godifur, and Kormak Ivarsson for teaching classes
            this year. We filled 19 class slots this year and we were able to fake
            classes for the few slots that didn't get filled.

            - Michel
          • Ergin Artesia
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 26, 2004
              I enjoyed meeting the game gurus this year. I enjoyed
              teaching, backgammon in particular.

              I think I donated the Pachisi game to the game box (no
              problem, it is well served there)

              --- Michel Wolffauer <mike@...> wrote:

              > Greetings!
              >
              > In spite of all the problems we encountered
              > scheduling our classes and
              > getting those schedules out to the public, I think
              > we did ok this
              > year. Plenty of room for improvement still, but
              > nothing horrible.
              >
              > Thank you's to Galen MacByrne, Irene Madhaidin,
              > Ishtvan Nyiregyhazi,
              > Sabatina DeValle, Olrick Godifur, and Kormak
              > Ivarsson for teaching classes
              > this year. We filled 19 class slots this year and
              > we were able to fake
              > classes for the few slots that didn't get filled.

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Sandra S.
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 28, 2004

                If I am able to go to Pennsic next year... I would like to teach again.  If you don't mind.  Thank you for all your help

                Sabatina

                Sandra
                SCA: Sabatina Da Valle

                Do you Yahoo!?