Class schedule (8/8)

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 8, 2004

      I've updated the schedule with the more recent emails. I think we can do
      without age limits, and apart from how many handouts we choose to bring (if
      any) there doesn't seem much point to size limits this year.

      Class lengths should be fine as they are - if you know you'll need more
      then an hour, we want to state that so folks can schedule things
      better. In all cases we have at least 2 hours between classes so if folks
      want to keep playing after a 1 hour class they are more then welcome to.

      I'll be bringing my 7-sided dice as well. Plus I have the board (poster
      board one) that Justin left last year (he only wanted the dice and pieces
      mailed back to him). Sabatina is trying to pull together some pieces and
      teach Astronomical Tables, but it won't be scheduled until she gets there.

      I love the "Games for Squires" idea!

      I didn't hear back from the Great Chess teacher, but at this point he is
      already on site. He may stop by the tent on Friday or Saturday, but he
      goes home on Sunday the 15th. His name is: Jayme Hume

      Here is the updated list. Safe travels everyone! I'll be on-line through
      the 12th and head out on the 13th, so drop me a note if you need anything
      or have any questions.

      - Michel

      Class name, teacher, date, time, length
      [maybe Great Chess] Sat. 14th, 10 AM
      Modern Chess, Galen MacByrne, Sat. 14th, 1 PM, 1.5 hr
      Mancala, Kiana Lindsay, Sat. 14th, 3 PM 2 hr
      Backgammon, Irene Madhaidin, Sun. 15th, 10 AM, 1 hr
      Game of Tarot, Michel Wolffauer, Sun. 15th, 1 PM, 1 hr
      [open] Sun. 15th, 3 PM
      [open] Mon. 16th, 10 AM
      Xiang-qi, Galen MacByrne, Mon. 16th, 1 PM, 1.5 hr
      Tafl Games - Fitchneal & Tablut, Michel, Mon. 16th, 3 PM, 1 hr
      [open] Tues. 17th, 10 AM
      [open] Tues. 17th, 1 PM
      Pachisi, Irene Madhaidin, Tues. 17th, 3 PM, 1 hr
      [open] Wed. 18th, 10 AM
      Shogi, Galen MacByrne, Wed. 18th, 1 PM, 1.5 hr
      [open] Wed. 18th, 3 PM
      Game of Tarot, Michel Wolffauer, Thurs. 19th, 10 AM
      5 Stones, Galen MacByrne, Thurs. 19th, 1 PM, 1 hr
      [open] Thurs. 19th, 3 PM
      [open] Fri. 20th, 10 AM
      [open] Fri. 20th, 1 PM
      [open] Fri. 20th, 3 PM

      Not scheduled yet, but being offered:
      Astronomical Tables
      Great Chess (maybe)
      Karnoffel

      Classes we'd like to see:
      9 Men's Morris
      Alquerques
      Fox and Geese
      other Chess variants
      One-and-Thirty
      Laugh and Lie Down
      Primero
      or other card games
      Dice games
      etc :)
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 8, 2004
        Okay, this is what I'll put in Tuesday. I'm leaving in the morning, done
        packing and prep finally. Whew!

        In some cases, I limit the class to what I have boards/dice/set-ups for.
        Luckily, Salamallah, or sometimes I, have plenty of extras of some games,
        and we can always draw up some boards on the butcher paper and use the tile
        pieces.

        I'd really like to see a Go class or two next year, maybe even one that is
        not for beginners. Go is swiftly becoming one of the most popular games
        adults play in the SCA. We have some dan-level players out there now....and
        if one of them walks into the game tent, how about we try and get him/her to
        teach a class next year?

        Galen

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 8, 2004
          ypu can put me down for alquerks, fanarona, and morris games if no on else is
          game of the goose
        • Sabatina
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 11, 2004
            Put me in for Monday at 10 for Astronomicals. : )

            Sabatina

            --- In pennsicgames@yahoogroups.com, Michel Wolffauer <mike@k...>

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 11, 2004
              Sabatina wrote:
              >Put me in for Monday at 10 for Astronomicals. : )

              We'll need to add it when we get there - Galen has already left with the
              current list :)

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 26, 2004

                In spite of all the problems we encountered scheduling our classes and
                getting those schedules out to the public, I think we did ok this
                year. Plenty of room for improvement still, but nothing horrible.

                Thank you's to Galen MacByrne, Irene Madhaidin, Ishtvan Nyiregyhazi,
                Sabatina DeValle, Olrick Godifur, and Kormak Ivarsson for teaching classes
                this year. We filled 19 class slots this year and we were able to fake
                classes for the few slots that didn't get filled.

                - Michel
              • Ergin Artesia
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 26, 2004
                  I enjoyed meeting the game gurus this year. I enjoyed
                  teaching, backgammon in particular.

                  I think I donated the Pachisi game to the game box (no
                  problem, it is well served there)

                  --- Michel Wolffauer <mike@...> wrote:

                  > Greetings!
                  >
                  > In spite of all the problems we encountered
                  > scheduling our classes and
                  > getting those schedules out to the public, I think
                  > we did ok this
                  > year. Plenty of room for improvement still, but
                  > nothing horrible.
                  >
                  > Thank you's to Galen MacByrne, Irene Madhaidin,
                  > Ishtvan Nyiregyhazi,
                  > Sabatina DeValle, Olrick Godifur, and Kormak
                  > Ivarsson for teaching classes
                  > this year. We filled 19 class slots this year and
                  > we were able to fake
                  > classes for the few slots that didn't get filled.

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • Sandra S.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 28, 2004

                    If I am able to go to Pennsic next year... I would like to teach again.  If you don't mind.  Thank you for all your help

                    Sabatina

                    Sandra
                    SCA: Sabatina Da Valle

                    Do you Yahoo!?