Re: [pennsicgames] registered for classes

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 16 3:18 PM
      Let me know if you want me to throw in some more of those.

      On Apr 16, 2013, at 1:37 PM, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:

      On 4/15/2013 10:44 PM, Naomi Hampson wrote:

      OK
      I registered for 3 games classes, Tarot, Losing Loadum, and Laugh and Lie Down.

      Xavier - I can teach them multiple times if you want. I know in the past tarot has dawn a large crowd.

          There's a new, improved way of scheduling the grid this year.   I get a list of classes registered to the track, and enter the date/time/location for them.   There's no way for me to create an additional entry, other than putting it under my name.
          I've got you scheduled for Sunday morning, Tuesday mid-day, and Wednesday afternoon.  Istvan's idea of creating the generic card/board classes gives me filler, and we can change any of those "on site" to a more focused class.   Or just ask whoever shows up if they'd like to learn X.

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 16 11:44 PM
        Here's the preliminary schedule. Please look it over and see if there's
        something missing, or if something is mis-scheduled.
        The Board Games and Card Games classes that Istvan scheduled can -
        assuming he doesn't object - be run by anyone. That's why I put them
        down as :"/staff". In the program book they'll have his name.

        Xavier

        Thu 25th
        10: Tafl Games
        ( Xavier)
        1: Happy Japanese Games (
        Yamamura Kitsune )

        Fri 26th
        10: Game of the Goose (
        Istvan )
        1: Alquerques
        ( Istvan )
        3: Board Games
        ( Istvan / Staff )

        Sat 27th:
        10: Losing "Loadum"
        ( Naomi )
        1:
        3: Card Games
        ( Istvan / Staff )

        Sun 28th
        10: Introduction to Go
        ( Xavier )
        1: Shogi for Beginners (Japanese Chess) ( Galen )
        3: Board Games
        ( Istvan / Staff )

        Mon 29th
        10: Multiplayer Chess Games ( Istvan )
        1: Xiang-qi for Beginners (Chinese Chess) ( Galen )
        3: Chess, Chess, Chess (
        Xavier )

        Tues 30th
        10 Happy Japanese Games (
        Yamamura Kitsune )
        1 The Game of Tarot (
        Naomi)
        3 Card Games
        ( Istvan / Staff )

        Wed 31st
        10: Multiplayer Tables
        ( Xavier )
        1: Board Games
        ( Istvan / Staff )
        3: Laugh and Lie Down (
        Naomi )

        Thu 1st
        10: Introduction to Go
        ( Xavier )
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 17 12:26 AM
          Hi
          I am not sure that I will be onsite by Saturday the 28th. I had requested that my classes be scheduled on the 28th through the 1st.
          Also - do you know if the Happy Japanese games are field games or board/card games. If it is the same Japanese games class that has been taught in the past, the battlefield is a better location than the games tent.

          -Naomi

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              pennsicgames-digest@yahoogroups.com
              pennsicgames-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 17 12:56 AM
            On 4/17/2013 2:26 AM, Naomi Hampson wrote:
            Hi
            I am not sure that I will be onsite by Saturday the 28th. I had requested that my classes be scheduled on the 28th through the 1st.
            Also - do you know if the Happy Japanese games are field games or board/card games. If it is the same Japanese games class that has been taught in the past, the battlefield is a better location than the games tent.

            -Naomi

                My apologies - I mis-read (or mis-copied to my worksheet) the days you are available.  I'll adjust that and re-submit.
                I've spoken with Kitsune about her class - the various parts don't work ideally in either location.  For at one session, we'll be able to use the Dance Tent for more space.

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 17 2:39 AM
              I think we want a Game of Tarot Class early since it worked well to draw people in especially non-gamers.
              It also looks like we are missing the Morris games class that someone usually offers. So I think we want to slip one of those in early

              both as Games tent staff.   one of us create a separate submission count for that purpose?

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 17 9:49 PM
                    Here's the revised schedule. I believe the 'snapshot' for the site
                    booklet was taken this evening, but I'll confirm that.

[...]

                    10: Losing "Loadum" ( Naomi )