Re: [pennsicgames] registered for classes

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 16, 2013
      On 4/15/2013 10:44 PM, Naomi Hampson wrote:
      OK
      I registered for 3 games classes, Tarot, Losing Loadum, and Laugh and Lie Down.

      Xavier - I can teach them multiple times if you want. I know in the past tarot has dawn a large crowd.

          There's a new, improved way of scheduling the grid this year.   I get a list of classes registered to the track, and enter the date/time/location for them.   There's no way for me to create an additional entry, other than putting it under my name.
          I've got you scheduled for Sunday morning, Tuesday mid-day, and Wednesday afternoon.  Istvan's idea of creating the generic card/board classes gives me filler, and we can change any of those "on site" to a more focused class.   Or just ask whoever shows up if they'd like to learn X.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 16, 2013
          Here's the preliminary schedule. Please look it over and see if there's
          something missing, or if something is mis-scheduled.
          The Board Games and Card Games classes that Istvan scheduled can -
          assuming he doesn't object - be run by anyone. That's why I put them
          down as :"/staff". In the program book they'll have his name.

          Xavier

          Thu 25th
          10: Tafl Games
          ( Xavier)
          1: Happy Japanese Games (
          Yamamura Kitsune )

          Fri 26th
          10: Game of the Goose (
          Istvan )
          1: Alquerques
          ( Istvan )
          3: Board Games
          ( Istvan / Staff )

          Sat 27th:
          10: Losing "Loadum"
          ( Naomi )
          1:
          3: Card Games
          ( Istvan / Staff )

          Sun 28th
          10: Introduction to Go
          ( Xavier )
          1: Shogi for Beginners (Japanese Chess) ( Galen )
          3: Board Games
          ( Istvan / Staff )

          Mon 29th
          10: Multiplayer Chess Games ( Istvan )
          1: Xiang-qi for Beginners (Chinese Chess) ( Galen )
          3: Chess, Chess, Chess (
          Xavier )

          Tues 30th
          10 Happy Japanese Games (
          Yamamura Kitsune )
          1 The Game of Tarot (
          Naomi)
          3 Card Games
          ( Istvan / Staff )

          Wed 31st
          10: Multiplayer Tables
          ( Xavier )
          1: Board Games
          ( Istvan / Staff )
          3: Laugh and Lie Down (
          Naomi )

          Thu 1st
          10: Introduction to Go
          ( Xavier )
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 17, 2013
            Hi
            I am not sure that I will be onsite by Saturday the 28th. I had requested that my classes be scheduled on the 28th through the 1st.
            Also - do you know if the Happy Japanese games are field games or board/card games. If it is the same Japanese games class that has been taught in the past, the battlefield is a better location than the games tent.

            -Naomi

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                pennsicgames-digest@yahoogroups.com
                pennsicgames-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 17, 2013
              On 4/17/2013 2:26 AM, Naomi Hampson wrote:
              Hi
              I am not sure that I will be onsite by Saturday the 28th. I had requested that my classes be scheduled on the 28th through the 1st.
              Also - do you know if the Happy Japanese games are field games or board/card games. If it is the same Japanese games class that has been taught in the past, the battlefield is a better location than the games tent.

              -Naomi

                  My apologies - I mis-read (or mis-copied to my worksheet) the days you are available.  I'll adjust that and re-submit.
                  I've spoken with Kitsune about her class - the various parts don't work ideally in either location.  For at one session, we'll be able to use the Dance Tent for more space.

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 17, 2013
                I think we want a Game of Tarot Class early since it worked well to draw people in especially non-gamers.
                It also looks like we are missing the Morris games class that someone usually offers. So I think we want to slip one of those in early

                both as Games tent staff.   one of us create a separate submission count for that purpose?

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 17, 2013
                      Here's the revised schedule. I believe the 'snapshot' for the site
                      booklet was taken this evening, but I'll confirm that.

[...]

                      10: Losing "Loadum" ( Naomi )