Re: [pennsicgames] Pennsic Classes

    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 11, 2013
      On 4/11/2013 3:10 PM, Naomi Hampson wrote:
      Looks like I will be able to make it to Pennsic this year. It's possible that will change, but I expect I will be there.

      What games need to be taught still?  I generally teach Tarot and Laugh and Lie Down.   I can teach most things, but prefer card games.

      Excellent!  Currently the class schedule is pretty sparse.  Alquerques, Goose, Chess, and Go.   Anything you'd like to teach would be fine, and we have no card games so far.

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 11, 2013
        The cut-off for having classes listed in the Pennsic booklet is next
        MONDAY, the 15th. If you're interested in teaching a class at Pennsic,
        please try to get it in by then.

        As I said in my prior message, there are fairly few classes scheduled at
        this time. I you want to teach please sign up if you can.

        Thank you,

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 12, 2013
            On 4/12/2013 9:26 AM, Daniel Adler wrote:
            What variant(s) / playing level of Chess and Go are being taught?  I will put in my classes just under the wire, I hope - business and tax stuff to get done first.

            Galen

                Currently I'm teaching "Intro to Go", and a class discussing/explaining Old (medieval/Arabic) Chess, New (modern) Chess, and Courier Chess.  That's all I can confirm in those categories so far.

                "Intro Go" will probably be taught the Friday of first week, and Thursday of war week.  The chess class will (at this point) be on a day nothing else is scheduled.

            Xavier
          • timothy Lewis
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 13, 2013
              I would love to teach go at some point, however I can't commit to specific days at this point.  Also I would love to push for the day of go to be Sunday or Monday of war week.

              Olrick.
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 14, 2013
                On 4/13/2013 7:26 AM, timothy Lewis wrote:
                I would love to teach go at some point, however I can't commit to specific days at this point.  Also I would love to push for the day of go to be Sunday or Monday of war week.

                Olrick.

                    The last day of classes & traditional Day of Go will be Thursday, August 1.  Since no one has specificly requested a class on Sunday the 28th, I'll put the other Day of Go there.  Hopefully you'll be able to join us that day, Olrick.

                    If anyone else wants to teach Go or Japanese related classes, it'd be nice to fill the day.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 14, 2013
                      At this point the schedule is more hole than not.  I put in 3 classes this morning, which brings the total to 7 classes total.  Galen's classes and one other I'm expecting will bring us up past 1-per-day.

                      Right now the schedule is Intro to Go at 10 AM on Sunday and Thursday, ?Galen's classes at 1 on Sun & Mon, and 5 classes that can be run anytime.  If anyone else has classes in mind, please let me know even if you can't get it officially registered.

                      Thanks to everyone for getting this all done early this year.
                      Xavier