Re: Pennsic 42

  • __ZASPER__
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 18 7:28 AM
      Hello,

      I won't be able to commit to a time for teaching go, until sometime in June, so it's difficult for me to chime in here. I would love to teach go once I figure out when I can do so.

      Secondly, I would love for the "day of go" to be moved closer to the middle of Pennsic. I simply can not to the end of war, and so for me to partake in the day of go, It would need to be Monday or Tuesday of war week at the latest. When I mentioned this at the last war, it was suggested I bring it up on this group. Any chance we can move the day of go forward?

      Olrick.

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 18 8:29 PM
        On 3/18/2013 9:28 AM, __ZASPER__ wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I won't be able to commit to a time for teaching go, until sometime in June, so it's difficult for me to chime in here. I would love to teach go once I figure out when I can do so.
        >
        > Secondly, I would love for the "day of go" to be moved closer to the middle of Pennsic. I simply can not to the end of war, and so for me to partake in the day of go, It would need to be Monday or Tuesday of war week at the latest. When I mentioned this at the last war, it was suggested I bring it up on this group. Any chance we can move the day of go forward?
        >
        > Olrick.

        To get classes into the book, they'll need to be scheduled by April
        15th (Yep - an earlier deadline this year). After that, classes will
        still be listed - just not in the printed book.

        The reason I have heard for having the "Day of Go" on the last day
        has been that it lets us clean up everything else, leaving just simple
        boards and stones out. I'd like to keep that tradition going, but we
        could do an additional one earlier in the war.
        What to people think about doing a "Day of Go" at the end of each
        week - Friday and Thursday this year?

        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 1, 2014
          Greetings Lords and Ladies,
          It's time to start thinking about Pennsic 43. The first big
          question - does anyone want to take charge of the period games tent this
          year? I'm willing and able (and I think I learned a couple of things
          last year), but want to put it out there to see if anyone else wants a turn.

          Travel safely,
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 3 7:30 AM

            Hi

            I am currently not planning on attending Pennsic this year. If you want to make arrangements to get the game boards from and back to me, I am happy to have them at Pennsic.

            Ishtvan - you had mentioned you might want to buy a set either for the tent or for yourself. If you email me off list, I can give you pricings and details.

            -Naomi

            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 25, 2014
              Greetings Lords and Ladies,

              I apologize for not sending earlier reminders - my day job has been
              beating me up fiercely.

              In any case - anyone who is able or willing to teach a gaming class at
              Pennsic this year, please submit them on the website
              (http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn43/DEPTS/pennu.html) as soon as you can.

              To help - let's hear what people want to teach this year. I'm going to
              teach Go twice unless someone else wants to do so, and haven't decided
              what else to do.

              In service,
              Xavier

              ---
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 26, 2014
                Oops - sorry for getting the year wrong on my last mail. *sighs*

                Who is planning to be at Pennsic this year? I've heard from Naomi
                that she probably won't be there. Who else will and won't be attending?

                Xavier

                ---

                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 27, 2014
                        On 4/27/2014 12:06 PM, Daniel Adler wrote:
                        I've submitted Xiang-qi (Chinese Chess) and Celtic Hurling (taught on the battlefield).  Deciding on third class at the moment, maybe Atlanbaj.  Shogi will be hard to do without making up more beginner (International symbol) sets that I don't have time to do via wood burner, etc. - printing on paper won't fly.  Well, actually, they will fly, that's the problem.  :+)  Workaround suggestions?

                        I'll once again stock up on some different qualities of Go sets for sale.  Are you as usual planning the Day of Go for the final day of classes as well?  Any tourney planned this year, etc.?

                        Galen

                        Yes, the last day of classes will be the "Day of Go" - or at least line & stone games.  There's no tourneys scheduled yet - if someone has an idea please throw it out.

                        For the shogi sets, I can make a couple of crude pieces with wood and ink.  They WON'T be pretty, but they'll be legible.

                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 30, 2014
                          The title says it all. I'll be filling in some usual classes tomorrow
                          night when I see what's there.

                          Xavier

                          ---
                        • Margaret ForsellVanHorn
                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 30, 2014
                            Good morning!  I took some card game classes last year at Pennsic and I love to play cards.  I would be willing to teach up to three classes of any card game/s as long as I can get  the rules beforehand.  I will definitely be at war the second week.  I can be there for classes starting the morning of Saturday August 2.  Let me know if you need any more information.

                            Thank you,

                            Lady Margaret of Enniscorthy

                            On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 3:31 AM, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:
                            The title says it all.   I'll be filling in some usual classes tomorrow
                            night when I see what's there.

                            Xavier

                            ---

                            <*> Your email settings:
                                Individual Email | Traditional

                            <*> To change settings online go to:
                                (Yahoo! ID required)

                            <*> To change settings via email:
                                pennsicgames-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                pennsicgames-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          • Justin du coeur

                              Message 14 of 21 , Apr 30, 2014
                                On 4/30/2014 8:24 AM, Margaret ForsellVanHorn wrote:
                                Good morning!  I took some card game classes last year at Pennsic and I love to play cards.  I would be willing to teach up to three classes of any card game/s as long as I can get  the rules beforehand.  I will definitely be at war the second week.  I can be there for classes starting the morning of Saturday August 2.  Let me know if you need any more information.

                                Thank you,

                                Lady Margaret of Enniscorthy

                                That is a generous offer.  I'll put some classes in and make sure you receive the rules soon.

                                Message 15 of 21 , May 11, 2014
                                  On 4/30/2014 8:24 AM, Margaret ForsellVanHorn wrote:
                                  Good morning!  I took some card game classes last year at Pennsic and I love to play cards.  I would be willing to teach up to three classes of any card game/s as long as I can get  the rules beforehand.  I will definitely be at war the second week.  I can be there for classes starting the morning of Saturday August 2.  Let me know if you need any more information.

                                  Thank you,

                                  Lady Margaret of Enniscorthy

                                  Greetings Lady Margaret.

                                      Are there days/times that work better for you to teach?

                                  Xavier - Games Tent coordinator

                                • Margaret ForsellVanHorn