Re: [pennsicgames] Preliminary Games Tent class schedule

    Message 1 of 8 , May 5 10:08 AM
      Re: [pennsicgames] Preliminary Games Tent class schedule

      Things that look like candidates are:
              Nards
              Fox and Geese
              Gluckhaus
              Byzantine Chess
              Chinese and/or Japanese Chess
              7 player backgammon
              Knuckbones and/or other dicing games

      Note I should be able to teach Wednesday and certainly can help fill in Thursday as needed.  Perhaps the Quick Period Games class is worth dusting off (5 period games you can learn to play and teach in 10 minutes each:  Morris, Alquerks, Nards, Talf, Goose) or the Games your Personna would play -- as a first week class for fewer people in depth.  Then again we might want to list that as a consulting service just like heralds -- come consult and we will teach you period games for your period and region. :)  Maybe list it across a non-gaming class block like 12-1. Or make it a lunch and learn.

      Greetings Gamers!

      Below is the preliminary Games Tent class schedule. Please take a look
      at it and let me know if you need anything moved or changed, or if any
      classes are missing.

      Apart from the Go class, I don't have any repeat classes on the schedule
      yet. We have one open slot on Monday at 3 PM. Take a look as the list
      and let me know if you feel we are light on something - if so we can add
      it to Monday.

      In Service,
      Michel

      Games Tent Schedule 2012
      ========================
      Thu 2nd
      --------
      1 PM Poch - Konrad Mailander

      Fri 3rd
      --------
      10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
      1 PM Brothel Games - Brusten de Bearsul

      Sat 4th
      --------
      10 AM The Game of Tarot - Naomi bat Avraham
      1 PM Alquerques - Brusten de Bearsul
      3 PM Tafl Games - Istvan

      Sun 5th
      --------
      10 AM Pit and Stone Games (Mancala) - Michel Wolffauer
      1 PM Nine Men's Morris - Galen Mac Byrne
      3 PM Fanarona - Istvan

      Mon 6th
      --------
      10 AM Linnaeus's Tablut - Michel Wolffauer
      1 PM Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers) - Galen Mac Byrne
      3 PM

      Tue 7th
      --------
      10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
      1 PM Multiplayer Chess and Dicing Chess - Ishtvan
      3 PM El Mundo: 4-player backgammon - Louis Xavier de Navarre

      Wed 8th
      --------
      10 AM Gleek - Late Renaissance card game - Michel Wolffauer
      1 PM Game of the Goose - Ishtvan
      3 PM Morris Games - Istvan

      Thu 9th
      --------
      10 AM Losing Loadum - Naomi bat Avraham
      1 PM Laugh and Lie Down - Naomi bat Avraham
      3 PM Period Card Games - Ishtvan

      Fri 10th
      --------
      10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
      1 PM Go
      3 PM Go
      --------