Re: [pennsicgames] Class Registration Deadline May 1st

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2012
      I've submitted my classes:

       9 Men's Morris on Sunday at 1 PM in the Period Games tent, Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers) on Monday at 1 PM in the Period Games tent, and the Ancient Celtic Field Sport of Hurling on Tuesday at 6 PM on the Battlefield.

      Galen

      On Apr 25, 2012, at 8:13 PM, Mike Knauer wrote:

      Greetings!

      I've just submitted my classes:
      Linnaeus's Tablut (new)
      Gleek
      Mancala

      I may throw a fourth in if we are short classes.

      So far, I've only received Xavier's classes from the registrar (Go and 4
      & 7 player tables), but hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

      - Michel

      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2012
        Greetings Gamers!

        Below is the preliminary Games Tent class schedule. Please take a look
        at it and let me know if you need anything moved or changed, or if any
        classes are missing.

        Apart from the Go class, I don't have any repeat classes on the schedule
        yet. We have one open slot on Monday at 3 PM. Take a look as the list
        and let me know if you feel we are light on something - if so we can add
        it to Monday.

        In Service,
        Michel

        Games Tent Schedule 2012
        ========================
        Thu 2nd
        --------
        1 PM Poch - Konrad Mailander

        Fri 3rd
        --------
        10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
        1 PM Brothel Games - Brusten de Bearsul

        Sat 4th
        --------
        10 AM The Game of Tarot - Naomi bat Avraham
        1 PM Alquerques - Brusten de Bearsul
        3 PM Tafl Games - Istvan

        Sun 5th
        --------
        10 AM Pit and Stone Games (Mancala) - Michel Wolffauer
        1 PM Nine Men's Morris - Galen Mac Byrne
        3 PM Fanarona - Istvan

        Mon 6th
        --------
        10 AM Linnaeus's Tablut - Michel Wolffauer
        1 PM Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers) - Galen Mac Byrne
        3 PM

        Tue 7th
        --------
        10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
        1 PM Multiplayer Chess and Dicing Chess - Ishtvan
        3 PM El Mundo: 4-player backgammon - Louis Xavier de Navarre

        Wed 8th
        --------
        10 AM Gleek - Late Renaissance card game - Michel Wolffauer
        1 PM Game of the Goose - Ishtvan
        3 PM Morris Games - Istvan

        Thu 9th
        --------
        10 AM Losing Loadum - Naomi bat Avraham
        1 PM Laugh and Lie Down - Naomi bat Avraham
        3 PM Period Card Games - Ishtvan

        Fri 10th
        --------
        10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
        1 PM Go
        3 PM Go
        --------
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2012
          Re: [pennsicgames] Preliminary Games Tent class schedule

          Things that look like candidates are:
                  Nards
                  Fox and Geese
                  Gluckhaus
                  Byzantine Chess
                  Chinese and/or Japanese Chess
                  7 player backgammon
                  Knuckbones and/or other dicing games

          Note I should be able to teach Wednesday and certainly can help fill in Thursday as needed.  Perhaps the Quick Period Games class is worth dusting off (5 period games you can learn to play and teach in 10 minutes each:  Morris, Alquerks, Nards, Talf, Goose) or the Games your Personna would play -- as a first week class for fewer people in depth.  Then again we might want to list that as a consulting service just like heralds -- come consult and we will teach you period games for your period and region. :)  Maybe list it across a non-gaming class block like 12-1. Or make it a lunch and learn.