Re: [pennsicgames] Class Registration Deadline May 1st

  • Dale Niederhauser
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
      Greetings,

      I just signed up to teach Poch.

      Meister Konrad Mailander, Hauptmann der Rotenkompanie
      Apprentice to Master Brusten de Bearsul OP, OL(Gaming)
      Squire to Sir Gunther von Brandenburg
      Si hoc obstat, dejectum sit - If it's in the way let it be knocked down

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 29, 2012
        I've submitted my classes:

         9 Men's Morris on Sunday at 1 PM in the Period Games tent, Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers) on Monday at 1 PM in the Period Games tent, and the Ancient Celtic Field Sport of Hurling on Tuesday at 6 PM on the Battlefield.

        Galen

        On Apr 25, 2012, at 8:13 PM, Mike Knauer wrote:

        Greetings!

        I've just submitted my classes:
        Linnaeus's Tablut (new)
        Gleek
        Mancala

        I may throw a fourth in if we are short classes.

        So far, I've only received Xavier's classes from the registrar (Go and 4
        & 7 player tables), but hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

        - Michel

        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2012
          Greetings Gamers!

          Below is the preliminary Games Tent class schedule. Please take a look
          at it and let me know if you need anything moved or changed, or if any
          classes are missing.

          Apart from the Go class, I don't have any repeat classes on the schedule
          yet. We have one open slot on Monday at 3 PM. Take a look as the list
          and let me know if you feel we are light on something - if so we can add
          it to Monday.

          In Service,
          Michel

          Games Tent Schedule 2012
          ========================
          Thu 2nd
          --------
          1 PM Poch - Konrad Mailander

          Fri 3rd
          --------
          10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
          1 PM Brothel Games - Brusten de Bearsul

          Sat 4th
          --------
          10 AM The Game of Tarot - Naomi bat Avraham
          1 PM Alquerques - Brusten de Bearsul
          3 PM Tafl Games - Istvan

          Sun 5th
          --------
          10 AM Pit and Stone Games (Mancala) - Michel Wolffauer
          1 PM Nine Men's Morris - Galen Mac Byrne
          3 PM Fanarona - Istvan

          Mon 6th
          --------
          10 AM Linnaeus's Tablut - Michel Wolffauer
          1 PM Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers) - Galen Mac Byrne
          3 PM

          Tue 7th
          --------
          10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
          1 PM Multiplayer Chess and Dicing Chess - Ishtvan
          3 PM El Mundo: 4-player backgammon - Louis Xavier de Navarre

          Wed 8th
          --------
          10 AM Gleek - Late Renaissance card game - Michel Wolffauer
          1 PM Game of the Goose - Ishtvan
          3 PM Morris Games - Istvan

          Thu 9th
          --------
          10 AM Losing Loadum - Naomi bat Avraham
          1 PM Laugh and Lie Down - Naomi bat Avraham
          3 PM Period Card Games - Ishtvan

          Fri 10th
          --------
          10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
          1 PM Go
          3 PM Go
          --------
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2012
            Re: [pennsicgames] Preliminary Games Tent class schedule

            Things that look like candidates are:
                    Nards
                    Fox and Geese
                    Gluckhaus
                    Byzantine Chess
                    Chinese and/or Japanese Chess
                    7 player backgammon
                    Knuckbones and/or other dicing games

            Note I should be able to teach Wednesday and certainly can help fill in Thursday as needed.  Perhaps the Quick Period Games class is worth dusting off (5 period games you can learn to play and teach in 10 minutes each:  Morris, Alquerks, Nards, Talf, Goose) or the Games your Personna would play -- as a first week class for fewer people in depth.  Then again we might want to list that as a consulting service just like heralds -- come consult and we will teach you period games for your period and region. :)  Maybe list it across a non-gaming class block like 12-1. Or make it a lunch and learn.