Re: [pennsicgames] Class Registration Deadline May 1st

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
      Hope you're feeling better soon, Istvan, let me know if I can do something to help.  If there's a particular thing you want to pick up personally at my selling booth, or if the Period Games tent needs anything in particular, let me know that as well so I can hold it for you/print it up ahead of time.  Likewise, anyone else on this list who wants something particular, please let me know ahead of time, it's hard to stock enough of anything.  Particularly the upper end Go, Shogi, and Chess sets/boards.

      As per my last message, I'll submit my 2 board game classes and the after hours Celtic Hurling game under the wire when I see what everyone else does - I don't need to duplicate anyone else's classes.

      Hopefully, I can finally upload those reams of old class notes to the Files section - I've been having computer issues since November.  Upgraded to new iMac with MacOS 10.7 (Lion) when my old Mac conked out on Thanksgiving, and all the old PowerPC apps and documents I wrote with my old Mac are no longer supported or openable (read that as all my SCA classes I teach).  With iWork's Pages app I can open text documents if the fonts I used are still supported in Pages, but the diagrams of boards and pieces are useless (drawn with Appleworks drawing app) and iWork has no equivalent.  There pretty much isn't a similar program anymore until I go to AutoCAD or something ridiculous like that - I'm not paying big bucks for a program I don't need.  I have hardcopy that I can photocopy, but I usually need to edit stuff in the classes every so often.  Bah.  I can re-write the text files (what a waste of time!) but until I figure out the drawings portion, it's gonna be the xerox old hardcopy originals option.

      Galen

      On Apr 26, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Stephen Tihor wrote:

      Hey guys,. I have been inthe hospital but should be at Pennsic. let
      me know what classes you want me to submit and I will throw in
      anything we do not have enough of.

      based on past experience I am suggesting we add extra card game
      classes as Games Tent Staff to fill out days since they are always
      popular. I also expect to be at Pennsic Tuesday and can certainly
      teach Thursday and Friday by schedule and sooner based on good luck.

    • Dale Niederhauser
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
        Greetings,

        I just signed up to teach Poch.

        Meister Konrad Mailander, Hauptmann der Rotenkompanie
        Apprentice to Master Brusten de Bearsul OP, OL(Gaming)
        Squire to Sir Gunther von Brandenburg
        Si hoc obstat, dejectum sit - If it's in the way let it be knocked down

        Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 29, 2012
          I've submitted my classes:

           9 Men's Morris on Sunday at 1 PM in the Period Games tent, Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers) on Monday at 1 PM in the Period Games tent, and the Ancient Celtic Field Sport of Hurling on Tuesday at 6 PM on the Battlefield.

          Galen

          On Apr 25, 2012, at 8:13 PM, Mike Knauer wrote:

          Greetings!

          I've just submitted my classes:
          Linnaeus's Tablut (new)
          Gleek
          Mancala

          I may throw a fourth in if we are short classes.

          So far, I've only received Xavier's classes from the registrar (Go and 4
          & 7 player tables), but hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

          - Michel

          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2012
            Greetings Gamers!

            Below is the preliminary Games Tent class schedule. Please take a look
            at it and let me know if you need anything moved or changed, or if any
            classes are missing.

            Apart from the Go class, I don't have any repeat classes on the schedule
            yet. We have one open slot on Monday at 3 PM. Take a look as the list
            and let me know if you feel we are light on something - if so we can add
            it to Monday.

            In Service,
            Michel

            Games Tent Schedule 2012
            ========================
            Thu 2nd
            --------
            1 PM Poch - Konrad Mailander

            Fri 3rd
            --------
            10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
            1 PM Brothel Games - Brusten de Bearsul

            Sat 4th
            --------
            10 AM The Game of Tarot - Naomi bat Avraham
            1 PM Alquerques - Brusten de Bearsul
            3 PM Tafl Games - Istvan

            Sun 5th
            --------
            10 AM Pit and Stone Games (Mancala) - Michel Wolffauer
            1 PM Nine Men's Morris - Galen Mac Byrne
            3 PM Fanarona - Istvan

            Mon 6th
            --------
            10 AM Linnaeus's Tablut - Michel Wolffauer
            1 PM Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers) - Galen Mac Byrne
            3 PM

            Tue 7th
            --------
            10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
            1 PM Multiplayer Chess and Dicing Chess - Ishtvan
            3 PM El Mundo: 4-player backgammon - Louis Xavier de Navarre

            Wed 8th
            --------
            10 AM Gleek - Late Renaissance card game - Michel Wolffauer
            1 PM Game of the Goose - Ishtvan
            3 PM Morris Games - Istvan

            Thu 9th
            --------
            10 AM Losing Loadum - Naomi bat Avraham
            1 PM Laugh and Lie Down - Naomi bat Avraham
            3 PM Period Card Games - Ishtvan

            Fri 10th
            --------
            10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
            1 PM Go
            3 PM Go
            --------
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2012
              Re: [pennsicgames] Preliminary Games Tent class schedule

              Things that look like candidates are:
                      Nards
                      Fox and Geese
                      Gluckhaus
                      Byzantine Chess
                      Chinese and/or Japanese Chess
                      7 player backgammon
                      Knuckbones and/or other dicing games

              Note I should be able to teach Wednesday and certainly can help fill in Thursday as needed.  Perhaps the Quick Period Games class is worth dusting off (5 period games you can learn to play and teach in 10 minutes each:  Morris, Alquerks, Nards, Talf, Goose) or the Games your Personna would play -- as a first week class for fewer people in depth.  Then again we might want to list that as a consulting service just like heralds -- come consult and we will teach you period games for your period and region. :)  Maybe list it across a non-gaming class block like 12-1. Or make it a lunch and learn.