Re: [pennsicgames] Class Registration Deadline May 1st

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012

      I've just submitted my classes:
      Linnaeus's Tablut (new)
      Gleek
      Mancala

      I may throw a fourth in if we are short classes.

      So far, I've only received Xavier's classes from the registrar (Go and 4
      & 7 player tables), but hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

      - Michel

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
        Hey guys,. I have been inthe hospital but should be at Pennsic. let
        me know what classes you want me to submit and I will throw in
        anything we do not have enough of.

        based on past experience I am suggesting we add extra card game
        classes as Games Tent Staff to fill out days since they are always
        popular. I also expect to be at Pennsic Tuesday and can certainly
        teach Thursday and Friday by schedule and sooner based on good luck.
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
          Hope you're feeling better soon, Istvan, let me know if I can do something to help.  If there's a particular thing you want to pick up personally at my selling booth, or if the Period Games tent needs anything in particular, let me know that as well so I can hold it for you/print it up ahead of time.  Likewise, anyone else on this list who wants something particular, please let me know ahead of time, it's hard to stock enough of anything.  Particularly the upper end Go, Shogi, and Chess sets/boards.

          As per my last message, I'll submit my 2 board game classes and the after hours Celtic Hurling game under the wire when I see what everyone else does - I don't need to duplicate anyone else's classes.

          Hopefully, I can finally upload those reams of old class notes to the Files section - I've been having computer issues since November.  Upgraded to new iMac with MacOS 10.7 (Lion) when my old Mac conked out on Thanksgiving, and all the old PowerPC apps and documents I wrote with my old Mac are no longer supported or openable (read that as all my SCA classes I teach).  With iWork's Pages app I can open text documents if the fonts I used are still supported in Pages, but the diagrams of boards and pieces are useless (drawn with Appleworks drawing app) and iWork has no equivalent.  There pretty much isn't a similar program anymore until I go to AutoCAD or something ridiculous like that - I'm not paying big bucks for a program I don't need.  I have hardcopy that I can photocopy, but I usually need to edit stuff in the classes every so often.  Bah.  I can re-write the text files (what a waste of time!) but until I figure out the drawings portion, it's gonna be the xerox old hardcopy originals option.

          Galen

          On Apr 26, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Stephen Tihor wrote:

          Hey guys,. I have been inthe hospital but should be at Pennsic. let
          me know what classes you want me to submit and I will throw in
          anything we do not have enough of.

          based on past experience I am suggesting we add extra card game
          classes as Games Tent Staff to fill out days since they are always
          popular. I also expect to be at Pennsic Tuesday and can certainly
          teach Thursday and Friday by schedule and sooner based on good luck.

        • Dale Niederhauser
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
            Greetings,

            I just signed up to teach Poch.

            Meister Konrad Mailander, Hauptmann der Rotenkompanie
            Apprentice to Master Brusten de Bearsul OP, OL(Gaming)
            Squire to Sir Gunther von Brandenburg
            Si hoc obstat, dejectum sit - If it's in the way let it be knocked down

            Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 29, 2012
              I've submitted my classes:

               9 Men's Morris on Sunday at 1 PM in the Period Games tent, Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers) on Monday at 1 PM in the Period Games tent, and the Ancient Celtic Field Sport of Hurling on Tuesday at 6 PM on the Battlefield.

              Galen

              Greetings!

              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2012
                Greetings Gamers!

                Below is the preliminary Games Tent class schedule. Please take a look
                at it and let me know if you need anything moved or changed, or if any
                classes are missing.

                Apart from the Go class, I don't have any repeat classes on the schedule
                yet. We have one open slot on Monday at 3 PM. Take a look as the list
                and let me know if you feel we are light on something - if so we can add
                it to Monday.

                In Service,
                Michel

                Games Tent Schedule 2012
                ========================
                Thu 2nd
                --------
                1 PM Poch - Konrad Mailander

                Fri 3rd
                --------
                10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
                1 PM Brothel Games - Brusten de Bearsul

                Sat 4th
                --------
                10 AM The Game of Tarot - Naomi bat Avraham
                1 PM Alquerques - Brusten de Bearsul
                3 PM Tafl Games - Istvan

                Sun 5th
                --------
                10 AM Pit and Stone Games (Mancala) - Michel Wolffauer
                1 PM Nine Men's Morris - Galen Mac Byrne
                3 PM Fanarona - Istvan

                Mon 6th
                --------
                10 AM Linnaeus's Tablut - Michel Wolffauer
                1 PM Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers) - Galen Mac Byrne
                3 PM

                Tue 7th
                --------
                10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
                1 PM Multiplayer Chess and Dicing Chess - Ishtvan
                3 PM El Mundo: 4-player backgammon - Louis Xavier de Navarre

                Wed 8th
                --------
                10 AM Gleek - Late Renaissance card game - Michel Wolffauer
                1 PM Game of the Goose - Ishtvan
                3 PM Morris Games - Istvan

                Thu 9th
                --------
                10 AM Losing Loadum - Naomi bat Avraham
                1 PM Laugh and Lie Down - Naomi bat Avraham
                3 PM Period Card Games - Ishtvan

                Fri 10th
                --------
                10 AM Introduction to Go - Louis Xavier de Navarre
                1 PM Go
                3 PM Go
                --------
                Message 7 of 8 , May 5, 2012
                  Re: [pennsicgames] Preliminary Games Tent class schedule

                  Things that look like candidates are:
                          Nards
                          Fox and Geese
                          Gluckhaus
                          Byzantine Chess
                          Chinese and/or Japanese Chess
                          7 player backgammon
                          Knuckbones and/or other dicing games

                  Note I should be able to teach Wednesday and certainly can help fill in Thursday as needed.  Perhaps the Quick Period Games class is worth dusting off (5 period games you can learn to play and teach in 10 minutes each:  Morris, Alquerks, Nards, Talf, Goose) or the Games your Personna would play -- as a first week class for fewer people in depth.  Then again we might want to list that as a consulting service just like heralds -- come consult and we will teach you period games for your period and region. :)  Maybe list it across a non-gaming class block like 12-1. Or make it a lunch and learn.