Re: [pennsicgames] Plans for Pennsic 41?

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 18, 2012
      On 4/18/2012 12:18 PM, Mike Knauer wrote:
      > Howdy,
      >
      > Nothing has been put forth yet, but I'm open to suggestions.
      >
      > Right now we need to focus a little on classes - we have about two weeks
      > before the deadline to get our classes into the site booklet.
      >
      > Everyone know what they want to teach?
      > Anyone looking for something to teach?
      > Anyone already submitted a class or classes?

      I just submitted mine today, since I'll be offline until the 30th.

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 18, 2012
        Xavier - what classes did you submit to teach?

        I've been running the same things for a couple of years, though they have been popular…..I'll wait to see what others teach, and see if I repeat last year or do something else.  I know I'll be doing the Celtic Hurling game again Tuesday afternoon/evening at 6:00.  Maybe two other things drawn from this list, one on Sunday at 1:00 PM and one on Monday at 1:00 PM.

        9 Men's Morris
        Byzantine Chess
        Xiang-qi (Chinese Chess)
        Shogi (Japanese Chess)
        Assaulto
        Knucklebones/Kugelach/5 Stones
        (modern Western) Chess at various levels of skill
        (modern) Backgammon at various levels of skill
        Rota
        I don't have written classes for Tafl variants or Go, but there are plenty others who teach those.

        Anyone want to run a tourney again?  If so, type, game, etc?  Prizes?  We should put the tourney in with the classes so it's in the book too.

        Naomi, do I remember correctly that you have the notes we took last year on how things went, what we need to add, subtract, change, etc.?  If not, Brusten?  Someone else?

        Galen

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 28, 2012
          On 4/18/2012 11:58 PM, Daniel Adler wrote:
          > Xavier - what classes did you submit to teach?

          As Michel indicated, I signed up to teach Go 3 times, and
          multi-player tables once. Off the top of my head, I think I said
          Friday, Tuesday, Friday for the Go classes. If the tent won't be open
          until Saturday, then the early class can be moved of course.

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 29, 2012
            I definitely want to try and get the tent open, assuming my minions
            are available to help open and close.