Re: [pennsicgames] Gaming at Pennsic 41

  • Kelly Keck
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2012
      I have no idea whether I will be at Pennsic or not, because some personal stuff is very much up in the air, but if I am there, I would definitely like to work a few shifts at the games tent.

      Adriana

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 14, 2012
        Greetings all,
        Other than final Friday, are there any theme days or plans in the
        works?

        Does anyone else want to teach Go/Weiqi? I'm willing to do 3
        sessions, but don't want to crowd out anyone else who wants to.

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 18, 2012
          Howdy,

          Nothing has been put forth yet, but I'm open to suggestions.

          Right now we need to focus a little on classes - we have about two weeks
          before the deadline to get our classes into the site booklet.

          Everyone know what they want to teach?
          Anyone looking for something to teach?
          Anyone already submitted a class or classes?

          - Michel

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 18, 2012
            On 4/18/2012 12:18 PM, Mike Knauer wrote:
            > Howdy,
            >
            > Nothing has been put forth yet, but I'm open to suggestions.
            >
            > Right now we need to focus a little on classes - we have about two weeks
            > before the deadline to get our classes into the site booklet.
            >
            > Everyone know what they want to teach?
            > Anyone looking for something to teach?
            > Anyone already submitted a class or classes?

            I just submitted mine today, since I'll be offline until the 30th.

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 18, 2012
              Xavier - what classes did you submit to teach?

              I've been running the same things for a couple of years, though they have been popular…..I'll wait to see what others teach, and see if I repeat last year or do something else.  I know I'll be doing the Celtic Hurling game again Tuesday afternoon/evening at 6:00.  Maybe two other things drawn from this list, one on Sunday at 1:00 PM and one on Monday at 1:00 PM.

              9 Men's Morris
              Byzantine Chess
              Xiang-qi (Chinese Chess)
              Shogi (Japanese Chess)
              Assaulto
              Knucklebones/Kugelach/5 Stones
              (modern Western) Chess at various levels of skill
              (modern) Backgammon at various levels of skill
              Rota
              I don't have written classes for Tafl variants or Go, but there are plenty others who teach those.

              Anyone want to run a tourney again?  If so, type, game, etc?  Prizes?  We should put the tourney in with the classes so it's in the book too.

              Naomi, do I remember correctly that you have the notes we took last year on how things went, what we need to add, subtract, change, etc.?  If not, Brusten?  Someone else?

              Galen

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 28, 2012
                On 4/18/2012 11:58 PM, Daniel Adler wrote:
                > Xavier - what classes did you submit to teach?

                As Michel indicated, I signed up to teach Go 3 times, and
                multi-player tables once. Off the top of my head, I think I said
                Friday, Tuesday, Friday for the Go classes. If the tent won't be open
                until Saturday, then the early class can be moved of course.

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 29, 2012
                  I definitely want to try and get the tent open, assuming my minions
                  are available to help open and close.