Re: [pennsicgames] Classes at Pennsic 40

    Message 1 of 27 , May 10, 2011
      In general I would say our most popular classes have been:

      anything with sex
      anything with tarot
      anything with cards
      anything japanese or mainstream oriental
      Message 2 of 27 , May 10, 2011
        I should be around both weeks, though my lady is only coming peace
        week so I may be somewhat distracted. I think the sign and supplies
        mostly went into A&S storage On my short list is to replace the
        gaming tent boxes and sort through them to identify what additional
        supplies we need.
        Message 3 of 27 , May 10, 2011
          I also want to make a couple of strips of games for local use and for
          the games tent. Naomi's list is good, I have several possible sets
          prototyped in paper form the first Games tent years. But what do
          people think would work?
          Message 4 of 27 , May 10, 2011
            I tried doing that as a class. it worked poorly. Perhaps we
            should work on it as a handout instead.
          • Michael Baron
            Message 5 of 27 , May 10, 2011
              It would work as a meta class, like classes about autocratting, heraldry research, etc. It doesn't work as an active class because outside morris variants in roman influenced culture, tafl variants in viking influenced culture, & cetera, if you put two random medieval people together and expected them to have a contest a difficult time would be had settling on a game, especially if limited to those familiar enough to be documented to that place and time period.

              I think perhaps if someone wanted to sit and research one on one with people (like the heralds do for names), it might be more successful and rewarding for the parties involved.

              I should do more research on who played what when and where.

              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T