    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2004
      Greetings and thanks for joining us!

      I'm copying this to Istvan since he's not on the mailing list (yet?). For
      those of you who don't know him, Istvan is the one who started the Gaming
      Tent and has been running it for the last five or six years.

      (Istvan - which Pennsic was it's first appearance?)

      Galen and I have been helping out the past few years, adding classes and
      contests to the mix.

      My main goal over the next week is to get together a class list for the
      tent. I've heard from two people with specific classes and maybe two more
      willing to fill in basic classes that aren't covered. Several of our
      regular teachers, like Justin, are not going to be able to make it this year.

      One of the teachers I've talked to will only be at Pennsic for the first
      week (leaves that Sunday), and would like to teach a class on Alfonso's
      Grande Chess. For this to happen, he'd either need to teach on Saturday,
      or we need to have someone available earlier to help get the tent set
      up. Istvan said he'd probably only be there one week, and I'm only doing
      war week (but showing up on Friday). Galen, what about you?

      Our general plan for this year is:
      - The usual collection of period games
      - Get a mention in the program booklet
      - Get a mention on the web site
      - Get more volunteers
      - Class slots at 10 AM, 1 PM & 3 PM, beginning as soon as possible and
      running until the last Friday (or we run out of classes).
      - Tent open from 9 or 10 AM until 5 or 6 PM each day through Friday.
      - Galen has offered to run the unofficial war point and tournament again.

      Well, that's were we stand right now. We need to decide on the hours and
      write up a blurb for the web site, and then try and see if we can get it
      added to the program booklet.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2004
        Re: [pennsicgames] Greetings! I will probably teach Chinese Chess for Beginners (Xiang-qi), Judaic Knucklebones, Modern Chess for Rank Beginners (or even those that don't smell badly), and Shogi for Beginners.  I'll have sets available for purchase through Salaamallah.  Others on an unofficial, individual basis - come and ask, I'll teach.

        I will probably be there for the whole two weeks or close to it, depending on the needs of my new games business - but not selling at my own booth at Pennsic this year.  Maybe next year.  If I'm crazy enough.  I'm available to help set up/staff the tent earlier, if Grimm's gets it set up earlier, so the Grand Chess class can happen.  I still need to be free to play Hurley, whenever that will be.

        I have a hanging chess demo board I'll bring.  I'd like to see some Go classes, everyone.  I'll consider buying a big magnetic Go demo teaching board for my business and bringing it (It's $250.00 or so), if someone teaches a class in it - though I do play, a better player should teach, I think.  There are dan-level players out there in the SCA ..... Step up to the plate, gentles....

        Galen

        From: Michel Wolffauer <mike@...>
        Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:59:05 -0400
        To: pennsicgames@yahoogroups.com
        Cc: Stephen Tihor <stihor@...>
        Subject: [pennsicgames] Greetings!

[...]

          - Michel

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor   ADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4 6:26 AM
          Ok, it's time to get our act in gear and finish up the Pennsic plans.
          Has anyone any progress to report before we jump in to what needs to
          be done?