Volunteers for the Pennsic Games Tent

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25 11:28 AM
      Greetings.
      Now that the Pennsic class schedule has been posted (http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn39/AANDS/PENNU/index.html#sched) it is time to start making a volunteer schedule for the games tent.  The games tent is open for drop-in gaming and classes Saturday - Friday of war week (August 7-13th) from 10am-6pm.  Each day we need two people for 4 hour 'gamer shifts', one from 10am-2pm and one from 2pm-6pm.  In addition we need four people each day for two hour 'helper shifts', 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, 2pm-4pm and 4pm-6pm.  The 'gamer shift' volunteers should be familiar with a number of period games and able to help and teach people who drop by.  The 'helper shift' volunteers do not have to be familiar with the games although it would be great if they are.  They do need to be interested and willing to help and play games with people who drop in.

      If you are interested in volunteering for any of these shifts any day, please let me know so I can start making a schedule.  Teachers - you can volunteer for a shift that overlaps your class since there is no drop-in gaming when classes are going on.  I know that many times teachers and students stick around after the class is over playing the game that had just been taught, so if you are planning on being at the tent anyway before or after your class, it would be great if you could volunteer for a 'gamer' of 'helper' shift.

      Thank you all very much and I am looking forward to seeing you at Pennsic.

      -Naomi bat Avraham