Re: Game class deadline - May 1st

  • brustendebearsul
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2010
      I have just registered to teach 3 classes Poch, Welsh GrandFather, and 'The 5 games every SCA member should know" Hopefully, this Pennsic I will have more time than usual, since I'm not on staff for a change, and will actually be able to spend more time in the games tent helping and playing.

      Brusten
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2010
        I registered the following classes today:  Xiang-qi (Chinese Chess) and Byzantine Chess for Beginners.  (Tuesday and Monday, respectively, 1:00 PM slot please)  thank you!

        Do we want to arrange a tourney of some sort this year?

        Galen

        On Apr 28, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Mike Knauer wrote:

        Greetings!

        We are quickly approaching the deadline for submitting classes for
        Pennsic 39.

        So far the following classes are on our schedule:

        Games and Play from Breugel's painting Children's Play
        Laugh and Lie Down
        The Game of Tarot
        Gleek - Late Renaissance card game
        The World: Four player backgammon
        Losing Loadum

        If you have submitted a class but don't see it listed, please let me
        know: what it is and when you submitted it, and we'll get it tracked down.

        If you'd like to run a class this Pennsic there are still plenty of time
        slots available. Not sure what to teach? Here is a list of classes
        we've had in the past to inspire you :)

        Alquerques
        Pit and Stone Games (Mancala)
        Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers)
        Xiang-qi (Chinese Chess)
        Shogi (Japanese Chess)
        Mom! I'm Bored!
        Fanarona
        Game of the Goose
        So You Have This Backgammon Board
        Three Easy Morris Games
        So You Have This Chess Set
        Intro to Go
        Table Games
        Dice games
        Glukshaus
        Byzantine Chess
        Tafl Games - Fitchneal & Tablut
        Astronomical Tables: "Seven-Sided Backgammon"
        Primero: "Renaissance Poker"

        To submit a game class, just go to this form and fill in the details.
        Be sure to select Leisure - Gaming as the Class Category.

        http://pennsicwar. org/penn39/ AANDS/PENNU/ univform. html

        In Service,
        Michel

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 11, 2011

          I wanted to let folks know that for various reasons I won't be at
          Pennsic this year. I expect I'll be back next year though - just taking
          a needed break.

          What this means for the Games Tent is that we need a volunteer to work
          with Pennsic U to schedule any game classes and get them in the Pennsic
          Book.

          We also need volunteers to take shifts at the tent so that it can stay
          open (or you could cut the hours it is open).

          If someone would like to step up and organize things, that would be
          great. In the past I mostly dealt with the classes, but I also kept in
          touch with the Cultural Affairs people to make sure the Games Tent was
          represented.

          In Service,
          Michel Wolffauer
        • patsmith
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 11, 2011
            Greetings,

            You will be missed at Pennsic.

            I have been on the Pennsic U staff in the past and have
            helped schedule all 1400+ classes at Pennsic. I would be
            more than willing to take over scheduling the games tent and
            co-ordinating with the Pennsic U staff.

            Brusten

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 15, 2011
              On 2/11/2011 12:23 PM, Mike Knauer wrote:
              > I wanted to let folks know that for various reasons I won't be at
              > Pennsic this year. I expect I'll be back next year though - just taking
              > a needed break.
              >

              > Michel Wolffauer

              Out of curiosity, what classes do you commonly teach?

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 16, 2011
                The ones I've been teaching over the last few years are:
                Gleek - Late Renaissance card game
                The World - Four player backgammon
                Losing Loadum

                I've also helped out with some of the base classes (Mancala most recently)

                - Michel