Game class deadline - May 1st

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 28, 2010

      We are quickly approaching the deadline for submitting classes for
      Pennsic 39.

      So far the following classes are on our schedule:

      Games and Play from Breugel's painting Children's Play
      Laugh and Lie Down
      The Game of Tarot
      Gleek - Late Renaissance card game
      The World: Four player backgammon
      Losing Loadum

      If you have submitted a class but don't see it listed, please let me
      know: what it is and when you submitted it, and we'll get it tracked down.

      If you'd like to run a class this Pennsic there are still plenty of time
      slots available. Not sure what to teach? Here is a list of classes
      we've had in the past to inspire you :)

      Alquerques
      Pit and Stone Games (Mancala)
      Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers)
      Xiang-qi (Chinese Chess)
      Shogi (Japanese Chess)
      Mom! I'm Bored!
      Fanarona
      Game of the Goose
      So You Have This Backgammon Board
      Three Easy Morris Games
      So You Have This Chess Set
      Intro to Go
      Table Games
      Dice games
      Glukshaus
      Byzantine Chess
      Tafl Games - Fitchneal & Tablut
      Astronomical Tables: "Seven-Sided Backgammon"
      Primero: "Renaissance Poker"

      To submit a game class, just go to this form and fill in the details.
      Be sure to select Leisure - Gaming as the Class Category.

      http://pennsicwar.org/penn39/AANDS/PENNU/univform.html

      In Service,
      Michel
    • brustendebearsul
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2010
        I have just registered to teach 3 classes Poch, Welsh GrandFather, and 'The 5 games every SCA member should know" Hopefully, this Pennsic I will have more time than usual, since I'm not on staff for a change, and will actually be able to spend more time in the games tent helping and playing.

        Brusten

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 11, 2011

            I wanted to let folks know that for various reasons I won't be at
            Pennsic this year. I expect I'll be back next year though - just taking
            a needed break.

            What this means for the Games Tent is that we need a volunteer to work
            with Pennsic U to schedule any game classes and get them in the Pennsic
            Book.

            We also need volunteers to take shifts at the tent so that it can stay
            open (or you could cut the hours it is open).

            If someone would like to step up and organize things, that would be
            great. In the past I mostly dealt with the classes, but I also kept in
            touch with the Cultural Affairs people to make sure the Games Tent was
            represented.

            In Service,
            Michel Wolffauer
          • patsmith
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 11, 2011
              Greetings,

              You will be missed at Pennsic.

              I have been on the Pennsic U staff in the past and have
              helped schedule all 1400+ classes at Pennsic. I would be
              more than willing to take over scheduling the games tent and
              co-ordinating with the Pennsic U staff.

              Brusten

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 15, 2011
                On 2/11/2011 12:23 PM, Mike Knauer wrote:
                > I wanted to let folks know that for various reasons I won't be at
                > Pennsic this year. I expect I'll be back next year though - just taking
                > a needed break.
                >

                > Michel Wolffauer

                Out of curiosity, what classes do you commonly teach?

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 16, 2011
                  The ones I've been teaching over the last few years are:
                  Gleek - Late Renaissance card game
                  The World - Four player backgammon
                  Losing Loadum

                  I've also helped out with some of the base classes (Mancala most recently)

                  - Michel