Pennsic Artisians Row

  • brustendebearsul
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10 9:32 PM
      Since Pennsic will be having an official Artisans Row for the first time this year, in the A&S tents immediately next to the Gaming tent, would anyone be interested in trying to get together an exhibit/display/session for it on period games? It would mean an entire day spent primarily playing and one-on-one instruction, rather than formal classes.
      The sign-ups for it and for Pennsic classes should be opening very soon. It also is probable that the deadline to register classes and have them appear in the book will be much earlier this year than last, so start thinking about classes earlier than usual.

      Brusten
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 11 7:09 AM
        Sounds interesting!

        I'm a little torn though since the playing and one-on-one instruction is
        what we already do all day in between the formal classes. I'd be more
        interested in an exhibit and display - there are a lot of folks who have
        been recreating period games and gaming components, and it would be very
        cool to try and get them all together for a display.

        Do you know when there will be announcement about Artisan Row?

        Registration for classes is open and the deadline for submitting them is
        May 1st.

        - Michel

        brustendebearsul wrote:
        > Since Pennsic will be having an official Artisans Row for the first
        > time this year, in the A&S tents immediately next to the Gaming tent,
        > would anyone be interested in trying to get together an
        > exhibit/display/session for it on period games? It would mean an
        > entire day spent primarily playing and one-on-one instruction, rather
        > than formal classes. The sign-ups for it and for Pennsic classes
        > should be opening very soon. It also is probable that the deadline to
        > register classes and have them appear in the book will be much
        > earlier this year than last, so start thinking about classes earlier
        > than usual.
        >
        > Brusten

      • Tinker
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 11 9:28 AM
          I will be displaying glass gaming pieces right next door anyway. I've been asked to teach a class on unusual glass pieces and the games pieces are one that everyone seemed interested in.

          I will have all my gaming stuff with me this year too so I can bring stuff for the display.

          Tinker

          --- In pennsicgames@yahoogroups.com, Mike Knauer <mike@...> wrote:

          > Sounds interesting!
          >
          > I'm a little torn though since the playing and one-on-one instruction is
          > what we already do all day in between the formal classes. I'd be more
          > interested in an exhibit and display - there are a lot of folks who have
          > been recreating period games and gaming components, and it would be very
          > cool to try and get them all together for a display.
          >
          > Do you know when there will be announcement about Artisan Row?
          >
          > Registration for classes is open and the deadline for submitting them is
          > May 1st.
          >
          > - Michel
          >

          > brustendebearsul wrote:
          > > Since Pennsic will be having an official Artisans Row for the first
          > > time this year, in the A&S tents immediately next to the Gaming tent,
          > > would anyone be interested in trying to get together an
          > > exhibit/display/session for it on period games? It would mean an
          > > entire day spent primarily playing and one-on-one instruction, rather
          > > than formal classes. The sign-ups for it and for Pennsic classes
          > > should be opening very soon. It also is probable that the deadline to
          > > register classes and have them appear in the book will be much
          > > earlier this year than last, so start thinking about classes earlier
          > > than usual.
          > >
          > > Brusten

        • Pat Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 12 4:25 AM
            The Artisan' Row information is at:
            http://pennsicwar.org/penn39/AANDS/ARTROW/index.html

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 12 6:12 AM
              Excellent - not sure how I missed that.

              Another thought I had would be to take a day during the week and extend
              the Artisan Row into the Game Tent. Plan no classes for that day, but
              rather an all day show and tell.

              Whether that makes sense may depend on how many classes we get vs how
              many artisans they get.

              - Michel

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 12 6:25 AM
                That was my thought, to use the games tent for the artisan row one day.  We could still leave a table or two in the back for open gaming and plan on some one on one teaching if someone learned about a game from the A&S side of things and wanted to learn to play it.

                -Naomi