RE: [pennsicgames] Class schedule to date

  • sgtkonrad@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5 3:12 PM
      I would like ot teach Karnoffel again. Check out my schedule once I get a Pennsic Book to see when I could. I'll be at Pennsic for Land Grab on so I should have time. I may also teach some others once I get the schedule worked out.

      Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

    • Ergin Artesia
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 6 7:27 AM
        I can take the following two time slots to teach:

        Sunday, Aug 14th at 10m
        Tuesday, August 17th at 1pm

        I can teach Backgammon at one or both (does anyone
        know why the English called this came Irish???). I
        can teach a variation or two from 'period' as well,
        such as 3 dice, using different travel paths and set
        ups.

        I don't particularly play 9 man's morris, but I know
        how and can certainly teach it.

        I'm intrigued with Tafl games too.

        Someone I'm camping with plays Mancala. I can ask her
        if she would be willing to teach it.

        I'm new to the game tent, so please excuse my silly
        questions and suggestions :^ ). Anyway...

        Is the game tent already 'stocked'? I was only
        planning to bring one real backgammon game. I could
        print out some paper versions of game boards and buy
        multi-colored beans in a pinch...

        Irene.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6 7:42 AM
          Maybe because you need the luck of the Irish to play well! (I guess)

          Yes, the game tent has small tile game pieces and boards on paper attached
          to the tables, with plastic sheeting on top to keep the papers from flying
          off in the wind. There's a sign, an easel, a small dry erase board, a small
          chalkboard. Tables and chairs. AC plug for a light or whatever, we've
          never used it, I think there's a light there too. 20x20 Grimms Tent.

          Michel, Steven and I bring our personal collections of games. Many are from
          Salamallah's booth over the years, many are more upscale versions. You are
          certainly welcome to bring your own, too. The more the merrier!

          See you at War, we'll have to have a backgammon game or seven sometime.

          Galen

        • Dungeon Damsel, elven
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6 11:01 AM
            okey dokey then... backgammon and tafl (if I can find my ?@#$%
            medieval games book that I was just reading the other day), or 9
            man's morris if I cannot. Here's my recommendation on your schedule
            list...

            PS: Kiana said that she would be happy to do mancala, so I added her
            into the schedule too.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 6 11:13 AM
              Actually, my classes are 90 minutes for all but the 5 Stones class which is
              an hour.

              Galen

              > From: "Dungeon Damsel, elven" <erginartesia@...>
              > Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 18:01:25 +0000
              > To: pennsicgames@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [pennsicgames] Re: Class schedule - teach two
              >
              > okey dokey then... backgammon and tafl (if I can find my ?@#$%
              > medieval games book that I was just reading the other day), or 9
              > man's morris if I cannot. Here's my recommendation on your schedule
              > list...
              >
              > PS: Kiana said that she would be happy to do mancala, so I added her
              > into the schedule too.
              >
              > Class name, teacher, date, time, length
              >>> [open] Sat. 14th, 10 AM
              >>> Modern Chess, Galen, Sat. 14th, 1 PM, 1 hr
              >>> Mancala, Kiana Lindsay Sat. 14th, 3 PM 2 hours
              >>> Backgammon, Irene Madhaidin Sun. 15th, 10 AM, 1 hour
              >>> [open] Sun. 15th, 1 PM
              >>> [open] Sun. 15th, 3 PM
              >>> [open] Mon. 16th, 10 AM
              >>> Xiang-qi, Galen,1 hr Mon. 16th, 1 PM
              >>> [open] Mon. 16th, 3 PM
              >>> [open] Tues. 17th, 10 AM
              >>> Tafl, Irene Madhaidin Tues. 17th, 1 PM, 1 hour
              >>> [open] Tues. 17th, 3 PM
              >>> [open] Wed. 18th, 10 AM
              >>> Shogi, Galen, Wed. 18th, 1 PM, 1 hr
              >>> [open] Wed. 18th, 3 PM
              >>> [open] Thurs. 19th, 10 AM
              >>> 5 Stones, Galen, Thurs. 19th, 1 PM, 1 hr
              >>> [open] Thurs. 19th, 3 PM
              >>> [open] Fri. 20th, 10 AM
              >>> [open] Fri. 20th, 1 PM
              >>> [open] Fri. 20th, 3 PM
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Dungeon Damsel, elven
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 6 2:08 PM
                I was sort of following your lead on the 1 hr thing. In both
                classes, I have room past the hour to keep going, should people wish
                to do so. I can either leave it like that, or, if you advise I
                switch to 90 min, that's fine as well. I defer to those in the know.

                YIS,
                Irene

                And, I too look forward to a game or seven!