Re: [pennsicgames] Tentative schedule

  • Jane & Mark Waks
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14 9:43 PM
      Mike Knauer wrote:
      > Here is the current tentative schedule for the Games Tent. I've gone
      > ahead and filled in every block with something, but if we get some
      > additional classes, we'll drop a few of the duplicates and "Games Tent
      > Staff" items. We can also add additional classes between the ones we
      > have already or at 5 PM.

      I really should teach something. Sorry about the tardiness: life is
      really busy right now, and I'm scarcely ever home and free to think
      about it. But let's pull out a couple of classics, so that we don't
      count on me having time to research something new...

      Okay, I've just signed up to teach:

      So You Have This Backgammon Board
      So You Have This Chess Set

      Basically, each class will briefly cover a few straightforward period
      variants played with the standard equipment. The former will probably
      include standard Tables, Tick-Tack, maybe Doublets or one of the warped
      Spanish variants; the latter will probably cover basic period chess, the
      Forced Game (always a favorite of mine), and possibly the horror that is
      dice chess for those who don't want to deal with strategy. The point of
      each is to give someone who has just ordinary modern equipment some good
      alternatives for use at events.

      Both are currently marked as teens and up -- I don't think either does
      especially well with most younger children, although I probably won't be
      hard-assed about it.

      -- Justin
    • Tinker
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15 6:25 PM
        I put in the Mom I'm bored class-combined my make a period board with it this time. Will try to fill in and help as I can.

        Tinker