Tentative schedule

    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2009

      Here is the current tentative schedule for the Games Tent. I've gone
      ahead and filled in every block with something, but if we get some
      additional classes, we'll drop a few of the duplicates and "Games Tent
      Staff" items. We can also add additional classes between the ones we
      have already or at 5 PM.

      Please let me know if there are any questions or problems.

      - Michel

      Games Tent Schedule 2009
      ========================
      Sat 1st
      --------
      10 AM Gleek - Late Renaissance card game - Michel
      1 PM Alquerques - Games Tent Staff
      3 PM Pit and Stone Games (Mancala)- Games Tent Staff

      Sun 2nd
      --------
      10 AM The World - Four player backgammon - Michel
      1 PM Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers) - Galen
      3 PM Talf Games (Viking Chess) - Games Tent Staff

      Mon 3rd
      --------
      10 AM Laugh and Lie Down - Naomi
      1 PM Xiang-qi (Chinese Chess) - Galen
      3 PM Tarot: The Card game - Naomi

      Tue 4th
      --------
      10 AM Fanarona - Istvan
      1 PM Shogi (Japanese Chess) - Galen
      3 PM Game of the Goose - Istvan

      Wed 5th
      --------
      10 AM Losing Loadum - Michel
      1 PM Tarot: The Card game - Naomi
      3 PM Intro to Go - Games Tent Staff

      Thu 6th
      --------
      10 AM Byzantine Chess - Games Tent Staff
      1 PM Three Easy Morris Games - Ana
      3 PM Glukshaus and Dice Games - Games Tent Staff

      Fri 7th
      --------
      10 AM Go
      1 PM Go
      3 PM Go

      --------
    • Jane & Mark Waks
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14, 2009
        Mike Knauer wrote:
        > Here is the current tentative schedule for the Games Tent. I've gone
        > ahead and filled in every block with something, but if we get some
        > additional classes, we'll drop a few of the duplicates and "Games Tent
        > Staff" items. We can also add additional classes between the ones we
        > have already or at 5 PM.

        I really should teach something. Sorry about the tardiness: life is
        really busy right now, and I'm scarcely ever home and free to think
        about it. But let's pull out a couple of classics, so that we don't
        count on me having time to research something new...

        Okay, I've just signed up to teach:

        So You Have This Backgammon Board
        So You Have This Chess Set

        Basically, each class will briefly cover a few straightforward period
        variants played with the standard equipment. The former will probably
        include standard Tables, Tick-Tack, maybe Doublets or one of the warped
        Spanish variants; the latter will probably cover basic period chess, the
        Forced Game (always a favorite of mine), and possibly the horror that is
        dice chess for those who don't want to deal with strategy. The point of
        each is to give someone who has just ordinary modern equipment some good
        alternatives for use at events.

        Both are currently marked as teens and up -- I don't think either does
        especially well with most younger children, although I probably won't be
        hard-assed about it.

        -- Justin
      • Tinker
        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2009
          I put in the Mom I'm bored class-combined my make a period board with it this time. Will try to fill in and help as I can.

          Tinker