Class schedule to date

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2004
      Hi Gang,

      Yes, I'm still running late with this. Here is what we have so far. Speak
      up if you'd like to add something to the list.

      - Michel

      Class name, teacher, date, time, length
      [open] Sat. 14th, 10 AM
      Modern Chess, Galen, Sat. 14th, 1 PM, 1 hr
      [open] Sat. 14th, 3 PM
      [open] Sun. 15th, 10 AM
      [open] Sun. 15th, 1 PM
      [open] Sun. 15th, 3 PM
      [open] Mon. 16th, 10 AM
      Xiang-qi, Galen, Mon. 16th, 1 PM, 1 hr
      [open] Mon. 16th, 3 PM
      [open] Tues. 17th, 10 AM
      [open] Tues. 17th, 1 PM
      [open] Tues. 17th, 3 PM
      [open] Wed. 18th, 10 AM
      Shogi, Galen, Wed. 18th, 1 PM, 1 hr
      [open] Wed. 18th, 3 PM
      [open] Thurs. 19th, 10 AM
      5 Stones, Galen, Thurs. 19th, 1 PM, 1 hr
      [open] Thurs. 19th, 3 PM
      [open] Fri. 20th, 10 AM
      [open] Fri. 20th, 1 PM
      [open] Fri. 20th, 3 PM

      Not scheduled yet, but being offered:
      Great Chess (on 14th, and maybe later)
      Introduction to the Game of Tarot (any free spot)
      Tafl Games - Fitchneal & Tablut (any free spot)

      Classes we'd like to see:
      Astronomical Tables
      Backgammon
      9 Men's Morris
      Alquerques
      other Chess varients
      Karnoffel
      One-and-Thirty
      Laugh and Lie Down
      Primero
      or other card games
      Dice games
      Mancala games
      etc :)
    • sgtkonrad@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 5, 2004
        I would like ot teach Karnoffel again. Check out my schedule once I get a Pennsic Book to see when I could. I'll be at Pennsic for Land Grab on so I should have time. I may also teach some others once I get the schedule worked out.

        Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

        Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

      • Ergin Artesia
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
          I can take the following two time slots to teach:

          Sunday, Aug 14th at 10m
          Tuesday, August 17th at 1pm

          I can teach Backgammon at one or both (does anyone
          know why the English called this came Irish???). I
          can teach a variation or two from 'period' as well,
          such as 3 dice, using different travel paths and set
          ups.

          I don't particularly play 9 man's morris, but I know
          how and can certainly teach it.

          I'm intrigued with Tafl games too.

          Someone I'm camping with plays Mancala. I can ask her
          if she would be willing to teach it.

          I'm new to the game tent, so please excuse my silly
          questions and suggestions :^ ). Anyway...

          Is the game tent already 'stocked'? I was only
          planning to bring one real backgammon game. I could
          print out some paper versions of game boards and buy
          multi-colored beans in a pinch...

          Irene.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
            Maybe because you need the luck of the Irish to play well! (I guess)

            Yes, the game tent has small tile game pieces and boards on paper attached
            to the tables, with plastic sheeting on top to keep the papers from flying
            off in the wind. There's a sign, an easel, a small dry erase board, a small
            chalkboard. Tables and chairs. AC plug for a light or whatever, we've
            never used it, I think there's a light there too. 20x20 Grimms Tent.

            Michel, Steven and I bring our personal collections of games. Many are from
            Salamallah's booth over the years, many are more upscale versions. You are
            certainly welcome to bring your own, too. The more the merrier!

            See you at War, we'll have to have a backgammon game or seven sometime.

            Galen

          • Dungeon Damsel, elven
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
              okey dokey then... backgammon and tafl (if I can find my ?@#$%
              medieval games book that I was just reading the other day), or 9
              man's morris if I cannot. Here's my recommendation on your schedule
              list...

              PS: Kiana said that she would be happy to do mancala, so I added her
              into the schedule too.

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
                Actually, my classes are 90 minutes for all but the 5 Stones class which is
                an hour.

                Galen

                > From: "Dungeon Damsel, elven" <erginartesia@...>
                > Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 18:01:25 +0000
                > To: pennsicgames@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [pennsicgames] Re: Class schedule - teach two
                >
                > okey dokey then... backgammon and tafl (if I can find my ?@#$%
                > medieval games book that I was just reading the other day), or 9
                > man's morris if I cannot. Here's my recommendation on your schedule
                > list...
                >
                > PS: Kiana said that she would be happy to do mancala, so I added her
                > into the schedule too.
                >
                > Class name, teacher, date, time, length
                >>> [open] Sat. 14th, 10 AM
                >>> Modern Chess, Galen, Sat. 14th, 1 PM, 1 hr
                >>> Mancala, Kiana Lindsay Sat. 14th, 3 PM 2 hours
                >>> Backgammon, Irene Madhaidin Sun. 15th, 10 AM, 1 hour
                >>> [open] Sun. 15th, 1 PM
                >>> [open] Sun. 15th, 3 PM
                >>> [open] Mon. 16th, 10 AM
                >>> Xiang-qi, Galen,1 hr Mon. 16th, 1 PM
                >>> [open] Mon. 16th, 3 PM
                >>> [open] Tues. 17th, 10 AM
                >>> Tafl, Irene Madhaidin Tues. 17th, 1 PM, 1 hour
                >>> [open] Tues. 17th, 3 PM
                >>> [open] Wed. 18th, 10 AM
                >>> Shogi, Galen, Wed. 18th, 1 PM, 1 hr
                >>> [open] Wed. 18th, 3 PM
                >>> [open] Thurs. 19th, 10 AM
                >>> 5 Stones, Galen, Thurs. 19th, 1 PM, 1 hr
                >>> [open] Thurs. 19th, 3 PM
                >>> [open] Fri. 20th, 10 AM
                >>> [open] Fri. 20th, 1 PM
                >>> [open] Fri. 20th, 3 PM
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Dungeon Damsel, elven
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
                  I was sort of following your lead on the 1 hr thing. In both
                  classes, I have room past the hour to keep going, should people wish
                  to do so. I can either leave it like that, or, if you advise I
                  switch to 90 min, that's fine as well. I defer to those in the know.

                  YIS,
                  Irene

                  And, I too look forward to a game or seven!