Pennsic Game Classes + Tent location

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2009
      Greetings Gamers!

      Only two weeks left to submit your game classes for Pennsic 38. Just go
      to: http://pennsicwar.org/penn38/AANDS/PENNU/univform.html
      and fill out the form for each class. Be sure to select "Games" for the
      Type of Class, so that we can schedule you in the Game Tent.

      This year the Games Tent is being moved. Instead of our usual spot
      across from the camp store, we will be in with the A&S class tents.
      Most likely behind lost and found near where the heralds used to be (it
      is expected that the heralds will also be moving).

      I don't know what effects the move will have on us - other then no more
      ice truck to try and teach over - so I am taking a wait and see attitude
      with it.

      We still need volunteers to help keep the tent running! If you've got a
      couple hours for a day or two and want to help out, please let us know.

      Questions? Comments? Class requests? Great new games that you've
      unearthed that you want to share with all of us?

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2009
        On Apr 14, 2009, at 3:28 PM, Mike Knauer wrote:

        > Greetings Gamers!
        >
        > Only two weeks left to submit your game classes for Pennsic 38. Just
        > go
        > to: http://pennsicwar.org/penn38/AANDS/PENNU/univform.html
        > and fill out the form for each class. Be sure to select "Games" for
        > the
        > Type of Class, so that we can schedule you in the Game Tent.

        I will teach a couple games again this year....any requests? These are
        ones I already have classes written for; some are not really
        appropriate for Pennsic, or better as a one-on-one class (mostly the
        higher level ones - If you're interested, feel free to schedule with
        me)

        Kugelach (Jewish Knucklebones for the Overly Dextrous)
        Chess for the Lost Non-Beginner (Western Chess 102)
        The Royal Game for Common Players (Western Chess 201)
        Atlanbaj (Turkish Checkers)
        Shogi for Beginners (Japanese Chess)
        Xiang-qi for Beginners (Chinese Chess)
        Assaulto (a variant of Fox and Geese)
        Nine Men's Morris (okay everything else so far has a description in
        parens, 9MM is lonely. Tic-Tac-Toe on steroids)
        Backgammon for Beginners (Backgammon 101)
        It's Not Just Luck (Backgammon 201)
        Make Your Own Luck (Backgammon 301)
        Byzantine Chess for Beginners
        Rota (Tic-Tac-Toe on fewer steroids)

        Others usually teach the ones I've not listed, Game of Goose, Fanarona,
        card games, Go, Tafl variants, dice games.....I don't plan to teach
        more than 2 or three full classes though, so if you want to teach
        something on my list above, go ahead and speak up!

        > This year the Games Tent is being moved. Instead of our usual spot
        > across from the camp store, we will be in with the A&S class tents.
        > Most likely behind lost and found near where the heralds used to be
        > (it
        > is expected that the heralds will also be moving).
        >
        > I don't know what effects the move will have on us - other then no
        > more
        > ice truck to try and teach over - so I am taking a wait and see
        > attitude
        > with it.

        I'm sure it will be hotter on the Serengeti than it was near all the
        nicely shaded area by the Cooper's store. I suggest requesting water
        be supplied - I believe it already is for the tents where A&S classes
        are held.

        Maybe the tent won't get flooded out when it rains? :+)

        > We still need volunteers to help keep the tent running! If you've got
        > couple hours for a day or two and want to help out, please let us
        > know.

        I doubt I'll have much time to get there when not teaching though. Not
        sure how many staff I'll have this year.

        > Questions? Comments? Class requests? Great new games that you've
        > unearthed that you want to share with all of us?

        Do people want to run a tournament? More than one? Punt the idea this
        year?

        > - Michel
        > __._,
        See you all soon-ish!

        Cornwall, NY 12518
        (845) 534-8187
      • Tinker
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2009
          I'm going to teach the Mom, I'm Bored course again - going to combine my two classes from last year into one.

          Tinker