Re: [pennsicgames] Re: Post-Pennsic 37 notes

  • Christine Stewart
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 9, 2008
      Oooh, I love that idea.  So many people only know one way to play a game and this would mix things up a bit.  Of course, you'd have to be careful with certain games since some variations clearly favor one player over the other.  (Or maybe that would be even more fun!)

      I don't really attend Pennsic anymore but if this tournament does happen, I think I might have to make a special trip next year.

      Cristofana

      On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 1:54 AM, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:

      Tinker wrote:

      >The only suggestion I have for future Pennsics - have a Gaming
      >Tourney. Challenge the Knights to a chess tourney. Challenge the
      >Norsemen to a Tafl tourney.

      What does anyone think about a tournament where the specific rules
      are randomly selected? Pick a variety of rules for chess or tafl, and
      have the players draw a variant before starting.

      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
      absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson