Re: [pennsicgames] Re: Post-Pennsic 37 notes

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2008
      Tinker wrote:

      >The only suggestion I have for future Pennsics - have a Gaming
      >Tourney. Challenge the Knights to a chess tourney. Challenge the
      >Norsemen to a Tafl tourney.

      What does anyone think about a tournament where the specific rules
      are randomly selected? Pick a variety of rules for chess or tafl, and
      have the players draw a variant before starting.

      Xavier
    • Christine Stewart
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 9, 2008
        Oooh, I love that idea.  So many people only know one way to play a game and this would mix things up a bit.  Of course, you'd have to be careful with certain games since some variations clearly favor one player over the other.  (Or maybe that would be even more fun!)

        I don't really attend Pennsic anymore but if this tournament does happen, I think I might have to make a special trip next year.

        Cristofana

        On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 1:54 AM, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:

        Tinker wrote:

        >The only suggestion I have for future Pennsics - have a Gaming
        >Tourney. Challenge the Knights to a chess tourney. Challenge the
        >Norsemen to a Tafl tourney.

        What does anyone think about a tournament where the specific rules
        are randomly selected? Pick a variety of rules for chess or tafl, and
        have the players draw a variant before starting.

        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
        absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson